.
.
.
.

Friday, March 8, 2024

Sunshine and Blooms and More Holiday Events

Happy Friday, Everyone!

Do you have big plans for the weekend?

 

We are supposed to have a rainy weekend so I’m hoping to fully finish some cross stitch projects and bind some quilts.

 

Before continuing my overview of our holiday events, I want to show you a piece I finished stitching.

 

It is called Sunshine and Blooms by Teresa Kogut.  



I changed mine a little by omitting the words at the bottom and moving the flowers up a bit. It is stitched on 36 count linen, Grandma's Slip by XJude Design. I used the called-for flosses.

 

This was an exclusive chart offered at last year’s Stitching in the Wild retreat hosted by GaRon Stitchery. I wrote about the retreat here.

 

I heard Teresa is going to make this chart available to everyone but she is going to put the alphabet at the bottom instead of the words “Sunshine and Blooms.”

 

I want to frame this one at some point.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Now back to the holiday events….I haven’t shared the gazillion photos I took (you're welcome!), but you’ll still get the idea.

 

Our little town makes a BIG deal out of Christmas. It begins with the tree lighting in front of City Hall.


They have a children’s choir. City employees offer cookies and hot cocoa. Sometimes you can even spot Santa wandering around handing out candy canes.


Of course there is a parade…


Mom all bundled up waiting for the start...




The Big Guy ends the long line of amazing floats!

Then mid-December they once again close off Main Street for a Smoky Mountain Christmas. The stores stay open late and offer special holiday treats.

 

There are horse and buggy rides.




Even Grinch made an appearance.


These were all very fun times and to have my mom with us made it so special.

 

Until next week, I hope you have a blessed weekend and do something you enjoy.

 

8 comments:

Gene Black said...

I am enjoying your photos. Mom looks very happy while waiting for the parade.

Linda said...

Gosh, again, your Mom looks so young! What fun to be able to celebrate such a pretty and fun time with her in her new town. Love the photos!

Vicki in MN said...

Just what Linda said, your mom looks really young! Your many cross stitch projects amaze me:) We are going to an air show this weekend.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your local holiday events look so fun! I bet they really get you in the holiday spirit. I live your Sunshine and Blooms stitching - a really pretty design!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Such great holiday photos! Once again, I love your cross stitch project. Gorgeous!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy Friday, Jeanna. We are having a rainy day as well, but at least it is good stitching weather. Your stitch is gorgeous ; love the floss colors in this piece. Your community has a grand parade. The horses are so pretty. Have a great weekend.

Lin said...

Lovely soft colours in your cross stitch, very pretty. Lots of fun in your town for Christmas. A wet Saturday morning here, lots of sewing time! xx

Astrid said...

Welcome back to blogland! Yes, sometimes life comes in the way. Glad your Mom has settled in her new home, and even better; not far from you. Beautiful cross stitch. (I have to get back to cross stitching!) Love your Christmas parade, such fun. Have a great week!