.
.
.
.

Monday, March 18, 2024

A Weekend of Whimsical Finishes

Saturday was International Quilt Day or Worldwide Quilting Day. I’ve seen it advertised both ways. 

I pulled four quilts that need binding and labeled but I didn’t get any further than that.

 

I did a bit of cross stitch finishing and spring decorating instead.

 

There was no stopping once the glue gun came out Friday night…so, I hope you enjoy the results.

 

My husband and I went to a thrift store on one of our camping trips to Clermont, FL a few years ago. I found a sweet handmade basket for less than a dollar.



I hope Peggy likes what I did with it.



The cross stitch on the front of the basket is a modified version of Spring Tulips by Stitching with the Housewives. There were chickens at the very bottom, which I left off.


This basket sits on top of the Hoosier cabinet, next to my childhood Easter baskets.


The next couple of shelves hold some fun Rae Dunn mugs and more Stitching with the Housewives designs.



The bottom shelf is more Stitching with the Housewives designs attached to finish pieces from Hobby Lobby.





This sideboard sits across the kitchen, opposite the Hoosier cabinet.  The first set up...

Where it is now...


I brought out an antique lamp and placed it in the middle of the sideboard with a spring dough bowl in front.



The cross stitch in the dough bowl is a Hands on Design seasonal piece.

I finished a cross stitch piece from It's Sew Emma (Fat Quarter Shop) and placed it on the sideboard in the dining room.




I also finished this piece which is currently hanging downstairs...


I'm not satisfied with it. The whole top and bow thing isn't working for me right now.


Oh the joys of learning to decorate a new house... 

Hubby and I took a lovely ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway on Saturday. I was enjoying the views and only took a couple of photos.




Spring hasn't quite sprung in the upper elevations just yet. But it will be spectacular when it does.


I sure hope you had a great weekend doing all the things you love. Let me know how you celebrated Worldwide Quilting Day...or spent the last couple of days.






6 comments:

Gene Black said...

Oops, I spent worldwide quilting day weaving. Your decorations look lovely.

Julierose said...

You have so many lovely collectibles displayed--so pretty!!
Getting those quilts FOUR quilts bound and labelled is quite an achievement...
nice work, Jeanna. I am still cutting away..working on three small-ish (gal) bags of scraps to be cut into 1.5" for my long awaited "Lego" quilt.
Hugs, Julierose

Vicki in MN said...

More beautiful pieces! We were out all day on a group ATV ride on Saturday, so no sewing. I'll get to some today.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your crafty finishes are cute as can be, Jeanna! I love the idea of decorating a basket with a cross-stitch design - I'd love to know more details of how you did that. The Blue Ridge Parkway looks like a lovely area for a drive. My sewing this weekend involved quilting my round robin project. It's almost done!

Lin said...

Lovely Easter displays. My Easter decorating stops at one mini hanging! xx

Rosemary Dickinson said...

All your displays are gorgeous! I love the basket decorated with the cross stitch piece. You chose a great place for a ride. It looks so pretty!