.
.
.
.

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Prim Stitch Series by Lori Holt

A few years ago, It’s Sew Emma (Fat Quarter Shop) published a cross stitch pattern by Lori Holt called Prim Stitch Series. There were twelve ‘blocks’ in the chart and they were released monthly during a stitch along (SAL). You could stitch them individually or in one big piece. There is a free layout on the FQS website.

 

I won the charts, fabric and floss from Dot Dot Goose Designs. Denise has a YouTube channel but she is most famous for her project bags she sells on Etsy.

 

I didn’t start Prim Stitch during the SAL but decided to stitch one block each month this year and finish them individually.

 

Michael’s had a “buy one, get one free” sale on their frames recently. I purchased one white frame and one gray frame and will swap out the designs each month. These will likely sit on the ‘gossip’ stand next to the fireplace…not sure.

 

I stitched month 1 during January.



Patriotism & Industry


I stitched month 2 during February.


Joy & Contentment


There is one other monthly series that I am working on and I’ll show you that one in my next post.


I'm also getting ready to roll the scroll rods on Olga's Autumn Stocking.


I've kept up with my goal of 300 stitches per week.



Diann, who blogs at Little Penguin Quilts, asked how I finished my cross stitch on a basket.

I explained in an email how I use magnets and washers, but I want to share three YouTube channels that provide a lot of finishing inspiration. Each of these ladies has a playlist specifically for finishing tutorials.

 

Vonna at The Twisted Stitcher

 

Priscilla at Stitching with the Housewives

 

Helen at Helen D

 

I hope your week is off to a great start. Hard to believe we are already in the last week of March.

 

See you soon!

 


6 comments:

Gene Black said...

I think your pieces look so good in those frames.

Linda said...

Those are sweet CS pieces! A Michael's recently opened near us, and I haven't been to one in years!. What is your "gossip" stand?

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That was a wonderful win! Those look like sweet designs and fun to stitch. Thanks for linking to those videos, too! I'll have to take a look.

Vicki in MN said...

Those are really cute stitchin's! I started a fall stitchery last month, but I am just not feeling it this time around so I will put it on hold;)

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I have all those patterns and haven't started a one of them! Good for you! They are darling. I have all I can do with the Anniversaries of the Heart series and I'm already behind on that. Maybe when I'm done I should get those out and do one a month next year sometime. Sounds like a good idea. BTW Lori Holt is coming out with a really cute scarecrow XS soon. Olga is on my list too. Yours is gorgeous! I love your basket too. What a beautiful arrangement.
Thanks for the finishing links.
Take care and Happy Spring!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Your cross stitch is always perfect and always inspires me! Thanks for the links to the videos.