.
.
.
.

Wednesday, March 6, 2024

March 2024 Already!

Hello friends and happy 2024. I hope this year has been good to you so far.

I didn’t intend to be away from blogland for so long. We had a very busy ending to 2023 and beginning of the new year.

 

When we last visited, I mentioned we were heading back to Florida the following week to celebrate my mom’s 80th birthday.  She had asked that we keep it a family only event. My sister and her husband came from Texas and my kids (young adults) were there and that is all Mom expected. She was surprised when my cousins came from across the state to help her celebrate.

 

She was also surprised by the quilt I made her.







A lot has happened since her October birthday. She sold her house in Florida and we moved her to North Carolina on Thanksgiving day.  We already had several holiday events planned since she was coming to our house for the month of December anyway.  I’ll share more about those in the coming days.

 

She moved into her own place in late January. We’ve been busy getting her settled. I love that she is only 6 miles away!

 

As for me, hubby and I made yet another trip to Florida last week for medical appointments. I’m looking forward to the day I am not making those trips.

 

I’m off to enjoy a cup of coffee and attempt to catch up with my favorite bloggers.

 

Enjoy your day!

8 comments:

Gene Black said...

I am sure you are happy to have your Mom closer. The quilt is lovely and that wa a perfect spot to get a photo of it.

Vicki in MN said...

How nice your mom moved close to you! Is that your beautiful mountain home in the background? Gorgeous quilt too:)

Julierose said...

So great that your Mom is nice and close to you...What a beautiful quilt you made for her--I'll bet she just loves it...nice to see you back in "blogland"
hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! That's a beautiful quilt you made for her. Sounds like you have definitely been busy, but all in a good way!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

What a gorgeous quilt you made for your mom! So nice to be living so close to her now. It sounds like you had a great birthday celebration for your mom.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy Thursday, Jeanna and welcome back to blogland. Happy Birthday to your dear mom! What an amazing gift you made for her. It is so nice to hear that she is living close by so that you can visit whenever you like. Wishing you the best with the doctor's appointments. Have a lovely day.

Lin said...

What a lovely occasion - and a beautiful quilt! I hope she mum will be happy in her new home. xx

Linda said...

Your Mom looks young for 80! So glad she is close to you now. That quilt is just stunning, and I bet it looks great in her new home.