.
.
.
.

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Ice Fest and Calendar Crates

Well friends, we are just about caught up on holiday events.  Thank you if you’ve hung in with me since my March 6th post, catching up from last October.

The Downtown Waynesville Commission hosted "Ice Fest" in January.  Stores sponsored ice sculptures which represented the stores theme. Citizens strolled down main street to enjoy these creative pieces of art. I didn’t take photos of ALL the sculptures but I’ll share a few here…














I’ve been decorating the garage entry area with a piece from Hobby Lobby, adorned with a monthly cross stitch series from Stitching with the Housewives.

This is January…

February…

March…

All of these are kits from the Fat Quarter Shop. Chart is called Calendar Crates. Stitched on 14 count Aida in the color blackboard, using the called-for over-dyed floss.

I promise there is quilting in my future…very near future 😊 Hope you will come back to see…

 


10 comments:

Gene Black said...

Ice sculpture fascinates me. I don’t want to try it, but I do want to know how it is done.

Linda said...

Love that Hobby Lobby piece with seasonal decor! It's such a good way to display your beautiful stitching. We watched an ice sculptor at a festival when we lived in Edmond, OK, and it was fascinating. But his wasn't nearly as detailed as these!

Julierose said...


what lovely entryway stitcheries--very welcoming;)))
I'll bet that ice fest was a fun time, too. Amazing sculptures there...
thanks for sharing...
hugs, Julierose
P.S. I am working making "parts" for my new Parts Dept. no big projects for a while...

Vicki in MN said...

I love your entry way decor! You really are into xstitch big time, so many cute patterns out there!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your entry way looks wonderful ; gorgeous stitches. The ice sculptures are fascinating!

Raewyn said...

I see I am not the only one who was away from blogland for a bit - I've just had an interesting read of your Christmas/holiday activities. How nice to have your Mum living nearby now! Your cross stitch pieces are beautiful. The Ice Sculpture are amazing!

Lin said...

Amazing ice sculptures.
I love your monthly displays, such a great idea. xx

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The ice sculptures are really neat! That looks like a fun event. I love your monthly display idea - such cute designs!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Thank you for sharing the ice sculptures. So fun to see them. You made your entry way look so nice with your cross stitch. Gorgeous!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I am always amazed at ice sculptures! So beautiful. And your cross stitch projects are so beautifully displayed too, Jeanna.