.
.
.
.

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Scrappiness Is Happiness QAL

 Hello, friends!

In my January 4th post I told you I had a lot of fabric leftover from the kit for Lori Holt’s Flea Market quilt. I am nowhere near finished with making all of the blocks for that quilt, but I do have the fabric for them already cut and organized to sew.

 

Lori and the Fat Quarter Shop are now hosting a quilt along to promote Lori’s book Scrappiness Is Happiness. The book contains patterns to make 32 quilts. 

 

The Scrappiness Is Happiness quilt along is for a sampler quilt that will contain one or two blocks from each quilt pattern in the book. I thought this would be a great way to use the leftover Flea Market fabrics as well as a generous bundle of fat quarters that my Santa gifted me.  



The QAL began on October 31st and we sew one block per week. 

 

Here are my blocks…


Buzzy Bee Block
Measures 14-1/2" x 14-1/2"


Large Calico Mushroom Block
Measures 12-1/2" x 12-1/2"


Small Calico Mushroom Block
Measures 6-1/2" x 6-1/2"



Chex Mix Block
Measures 7-1/2" x 7-1/2"


Criss-Cross Star Block
Measures 15-1/2" X 15-1/2"

Happy Trails Block
Measures 16-1/2" x 16-1/2"

Second Lincoln Logs Block
Measures 12-1/2" x 12-1/2:


Plaid Block
Measures 7-1/2" x 7-1/2"


Tall Pumpkin Patched Block
Measures 6-12" x 12-1/2"


Santa Hat Block
10-1/2" x 14-1/2"


Scrap-Apple Block
Measures 24-1/2" x 24-1/2"


Scrappy Crossroads Block
Measures 16-1/2" x 16-1/2"


Scrappy Strings Block
Measures 8-1/2" x 8-1/2"

The quilt is designed to finish at 74 1/2" x 77 1/2".

 

Scrappy is not usually my thing but this has been a lot of fun so far.

 

Do you like scrappy? I’d love to know what you do with your leftover fabrics.


I'm current on this quilt along so I'll be sewing two Sewcialites blocks on Friday. Speaking of Friday, I'm going to join Wendy at Sugarlane Designs for her first Friday Night Sew In of 2023. 

Check her linky party over the weekend and see what everyone got up to on Friday night...or consider joining us.


11 comments:

Astrid said...

Your blocks are beautiful Jeanna! Yummy fabric. You are working on some really nice projects. I love scrappy, my favorite quilts.

Gene Black said...

You have done a lot of blocks for this so far. It will be really interesting to see it completed.

I use my scraps for a variety of things. I do love making scrappy quilts, as you know.

Julierose said...

Just loving all the blocks you've made--I just love scrappy quilting--it is my go-to when all else fails. It is my "happy place" I have a stash of bags full of color coded scraps (and also one mish-mash one!) waiting for me to finish up quilting the girls' crumb quilts and my Ojos quilting. Hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love scrappy quilts, and those blocks are really calling to me! Especially that beautiful star - love it! That sounds like a book I might need to take a look at.

Vicki in MN said...

Gorgeousness in your sewing room for sure! Lucky you getting fabric from your Santa!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your blocks look GREAT- and it will be fun watching this come together - ;))

Terry said...

Your blocks all look wonderful! I want to make a whole quilt of those bee blocks! :0)

Linda said...

I love every single block! I'm trying hard not to think about even looking at Lori's book - lol! I do love scrappy and am determined to make more scrappy quilts this year.

Angie said...

Great blocks AND fabrics!
You know I love scrappy quilts - planned scrappy (using coordinating fabrics like yours) or random scrappy (throw everything together and see what works!). For the random scrappy, I cut scraps and yardage into specific strip sizes and keep them in bins, ready for inspiration to strike. For planned scrappy, I usually use FQ bundles as a starting point. If there are scraps from those type of projects, I usually cut them up and add them to my strip bins.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Those blocks are right up my alley! I love scrappy and I have the book by Lori. I didn't know about the QAL but I imagine I can go back and do it. I need to order some of Lori's fabrics which I don't have. I love the Chex mix block and the Santa's hat and so many more. You do beautiful work! I need to join in on the Sew-In next time.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I love those blocks! I bought the book and am going to start this year... I know I am way behind, but oh well! You're doing a great job keeping up!xx