.
.
.
.

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Fat Quarter Shop - Sewcialites 2

This is the second year Fat Quarter Shop is hosting a free block of the week called Sewcialites. Each Friday, for twenty-four weeks, they feature a different designer's block. This is my first time participating and I'm enjoying it. 

I selected a fat quarter bundle of Cinnamon & Cream by Fig Tree & Co. for my quilt and I'm making the 9" blocks.


Ten weeks have been released and here are my blocks…


Block 1 - Perennial Block by Bev McCullough of Flamingo Toes


Block 2 - Tussy Mussy by Susan Ache


Block 3 - Patchy Days by Jackie MacDonald


Block 4 - Flirty by Chelsi Stratton


Block 5 - Empower by Carrie Nelson


Block 6 - Always Star by Camille Roskelley


Block 7 - Butterfly Garden by Pat Sloan


Block 8 - Interwoven by Shereece Nicole of Sew Hooked on Treasures


Block 9 - New Plus Old by Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic


Block 10 - Flourish by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet

I’ve been using traditional methods as well as paper piecing for some of the blocks.

 

The next block will be released on Friday, but I won't sew it until the weekend. We have yet another road trip this week so it will be early next week before I get around to this project. 

 

Enjoy your day!

 

8 comments:

Julierose said...

What a lovely group of blocks you've finished--I especially like the tussy Mussy one...so vintage...nice work on these--hugs, Julierose

Astrid said...

I was tempted, but decided against it. I have too many other projects on my plate this year, unless I change my mind! lol Your fabric choices and blocks are very pretty, love it!

Angie said...

Ooohh - Joanna Figueroa fabrics - yum!! I will enjoy seeing your blocks and enjoying the QAL vicariously!

Gene Black said...

Your blocks look great. I am sure it will be a lovely quilt.

Kyle said...

You can't go wrong with Fig Tree fabrics. Awesome blocks.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are really pretty colors, and great blocks with them, too. Looks like you're enjoying this BOM!

Linda said...

What gorgeous colors! Welp, I haven't made any Sewcialites blocks before but these are so pretty I might have to jump in. I'm headed over to FQS blog!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

What lovely blocks. I haven't joined in on any of the socialite blocks but they are tempting. I have too many quilts in progress and to start so I have to resist temptation for any more although I did sign up for BOM red and cream quilt that starts in February. You get so much done.