.
.
.
.

Friday, January 20, 2023

FNSI – Sewcialites 2 Blocks


Friday Night Sew In hosted by
Wendy at Sugarlane Designs provided just the motivation I needed to catch up with the Sewcialites 2 quilt-along.

I was able to sew last week’s block


Sewcialites Block #11
Nurture Block designed designed by Lissa Alexander
www.modalissa.com


And I completed this week’s block


Sewcialites #12
Captivate Block designed by Barbara Groves
www.meandmysisterdesigns.com

We are about half way with completing the blocks, I think. I'm really looking forward to having a new autumn quilt.

I was behind one week because we traveled to Jackson Center, OH to pick up our Airstream from the service center.

 

The ride home was through the snow-filled Great Smoky Mountains, which were beautiful to look at.




But by the time we returned home, the truck and Airstream were covered in road salt. Not great!


We found a great RV detailer and he gave the camper a much needed bath. She came out very shiny.



Thank you, Wendy for hosting FNSI. I had a great time. Now I’m off to see how everyone else spent their creative time tonight or last night for those down under 😊

 

Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Pretty blocks - beautiful scenery - and a shiny camper - how FUN!! - ;))

Jeanette said...

Your blocks are lovely. The scenery is beautiful. Yous camper looks lovely & shiny.

Gene Black said...

Those two blocks came out very nicely.
I am glad to hear that your trip home through The Smoky Mountains was pleasant. I do not enjoy traveling through snowy areas

Linda said...

Hi Jeanna! Love your blocks - I've printed the first two and trying to decide whether to use a fat quarter bundle I bought for myself or just use scraps. Wow what a beautiful drive you have! Yay on the shiny vehicles. :)

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Your blocks are so pretty! I definitely need fabric! LOL! Sorry for the salt but glad you didn't "slip and slide" your way home! Pretty scenery for sure. I signed up for Wendy's FB group and will mark it on my calendar from now on.

Astrid said...

Pretty blocks. Beautiful scenery with the snowcapped Smoky Mountains. Your camper looks as new!

Karen's Korner said...

Nice work on the blocks. What a picturesque drive home.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Yet another sewalong I want to join in on!!! I need to get busy! How fun to get a new camper :) xx

Lin said...

Two great blocks and I LOVE your camper! xx

Raewyn said...

Your blocks are lovely! That was lovely scenery on your drive home. I am guessing the salt is put on the road to stop it getting too icy and slippery? (From a non-snow place here!!)

Vicki said...

Beautiful blocks and your camper looks so cool

Maria said...

Well done with the two blocks.. I have downloaded them but as of yet not done any.
A beautiful road trip and so good to have a shiny RV again.