.
.
.
.

Friday, January 6, 2023

This Week’s Cross Stitch Progress

Hi and Happy Friday!

 

Today I am sharing two cross stitch pieces I worked on this week.

 

The first one is A Christmas Morning in Santa’s Kitchen by Twin Peak Primitives.



I first shared this last year, and this was my start.
 


Part of the border and the top of the Christmas tree.

 

Here is my progress now…



The next one is a companion piece to the one above.



A Patriotic Christmas Eve also by Twin Peak Primitives.  I decided to do the border first.  What a relief when it matched at the end.



I am stitching this one with a friend.  We’ve broken the chart into nine sections with the hope that it will be finished by the end of September, allowing us enough time to fully finish it in time for Christmas. January’s section was, you guessed it, the border. Now I’ll put this one away until next month.

 

In the meantime, I’ll work on the first chart and maybe have it finished close to the same time.

 

I’d like to make them into pillows and place them on our little bench during the holiday season.

 

I have two cross stitch retreats scheduled for this year (so far) and need a project for a smalls exchange for each.  This will be secret stitching until the retreats.  I also have another secret stitch planned for someone who reads my blog but doesn’t have Instagram, so that is where I will share it’s progress.

 

We have one more day in the warm sunshine of south Florida then we drive back to North Carolina on Saturday.  I have several quilt blocks that need to be made and plan to work on those Sunday.

 

Hope you have a wonderful Friday and even better weekend.

10 comments:

Gene Black said...

I remember doing cross stitch years ago. These days my eyes don't like that close work.
You have two good starts.

Linda said...

That cross stitch piece is really cute. It IS a relief when ends meet! Will you be going back to cold in North Carolina?

Ramona said...

I haven't done cross-stitch in years and am glad to see it seems to be making a resurgence. Your projects will be a nice addition next Christmas. And YAY!! for the borders meeting!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are really pretty and so detailed! Will they be yearlong projects - ready for next Christmas? It would take me that long to stitch them!

Jeanette said...

Love both cross stitches. I'm seeing all these lovely patterns & it kind of makes me want to do cross stitch again. :) But must resist as i need to to finish all my quilting ufo's. lol

Astrid said...

Love your cross stitching pieces. I took up cross stitching awhile ago (when I needed a break from quilting). Currently working on a design from LHN.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

lovely cross stitch!

Fiona said...

So much work in the cross stitch.... beautiful.

Hugz

Vicki in MN said...

Well for some reason your blog posts don't show in my feed anymore. Now I wonder how many I have missed! I like your progress on your cross stitching, you always seem to have many in the works:)

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

That is the cutest cross stitch! I would like to stitch that first one especially. So glad the border met! I get scared about that...you did good! What fun you will have at your retreat.