.
.
.
.

Friday, July 24, 2026

Floss Friday -- Cross Stitch Finish, Progress and A Cookie Recipe

Happy Floss Friday, Friends.

Before getting to cross-stitch progress, I will link the recipe for the sour cream cookie I shared in  Monday's post. I've been making this cookie for a few years, when we lived in Florida, and now that we live in North Carolina. I will say that the difference in elevation has changed the cookie a bit. It is still delicious though.

Visit Preppy Kitchen here for the recipe.

The new start I posted last Friday is now a finish. Meek & Humble by Teresa Kogut.
                                                    

                                          

I have an appointment to take this and one other piece to the framers this afternoon. It will be a gift for someone.

After finishing Meek & Humble, I put a few more stitches in Peace on Earth.
                                               



This will certainly be a long-term project, much like American Sampler. I still haven't gotten back to that one since you saw it last.
                               
Tonight is the beginning of a sewing weekend. Sewcialites 3, block 22 and assembling the center of Fat Quarters by the Dozen is on the agenda.


What are your plans for the next few days? Whatever it is, I hope it is enjoyable.

See you soon,

13 comments:

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

What a lovely verse! Thank you for the sour cream cookie recipe - yours always look so yummy. And surprisingly, I already had that recipe bookmarked to try!
This weekend will be house cleaning, playing in the sewing room, and impatiently waiting for fall weather - lol!.

Vicki in MN said...

Wow you made quick work of that project! Hoping to go to a free concert tonight, then sewing/quilting for the weekend.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Thanks for sharing the cookie recipe! I'm curious what altitude you're at, and how the cookies changed from when you lived in Florida. (Asking because we live at 5000 ft!) Meek and Humble is a pretty finish - I bet the recipient will love it! And your America piece is lovely. That shade of blue in the shutters on the house is my favorite!

Gene Black said...

So far, Google hasn't seen fit to show this post in my reading list. Arrrgh!
Lovely work on your stitching. I certainly couldn't eat those cookies without some serious diabetic repercussions, but the recipe surely looks good.

Granny Marigold said...

I hope you have a wonderful sewing weekend!!!

Julierose said...

thanks for sharing that cookie recipe--looks so yummy ;)))
hugs, Julierose

Lin said...

That was a nice quick finish. Enjoy putting your blocks together - always exciting to see a quilt come together. xx

Jeanna said...

Thank you, GM! It was a successful one :)

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

I love this finish, Jeanna. Thank you so much for sharing your sewing skills.

Jeanna said...

Thank you, Linda. I took the piece to the framer and look forward to getting it back in a few weeks.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

So glad I didn't miss this post. Thanks for the cookie recipe! You finished that cross stitch piece so quickly! I had a quiet weekend which was fine with me!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oh how pretty. All of your stitches are gorgeous. Meek and Humble will be such a beautiful gift- how lucky is someone ! :) Thank you so much for sharing the cookie recipe. Have a great week. Hugs.

Parchesdeamor said...

Hola mi bella amiga que bello bordado. Amo los bordados grandes y Sampler quie se remontan a los viejos tiempos.... son realmente adorables y cuando los terminen quedaran hermosos donde quiera que los coloques. Yo como sabes estoy metida en varios samplers y la verdad estoy enamorada de cada uno de ellos y cuando los engo entre manos No quiero soltarlos !!! es un vicio de cuiado jajja Mil besitos y a seguir con ellos corazon.
Abrazs de tu amiga

Dianet del blog Parchesdeamor