Happy Floss Friday, Dear Friends!
I mentioned in last Friday's post that I had another new cross-stitch start.
Meek & Humble by Teresa Kogut.
I'm stitching this on 40-count linen, Vanilla Latte from Fabrics by Stephanie. The silk floss is Cranberry from Gloriana. The thread goes through 40 count like melted butter. I love it!
I haven't had much time to stitch this week so I'm sad to say that is all I have to share in the way of cross-stitch.
We are forecast to have more hot weather this weekend, with afternoon rain. We need the rain so I will not complain. It will be a good time to stay indoors and sew. The finishing instructions for Fat Quarters by the Dozen was released on Wednesday. I'm hoping I have enough fabric for the sashing and borders. If so, that will be my project.
I hope you come back on Monday to see if I had any success. In the meantime, enjoy the weekend ahead!
I'll see you soon,


13 comments:
I love this stitching and quote. I hope you have a lovely weekend.
Beautiful cross stitch. Enjoy your weekend
That's a lovely project. Hopefully your weekend won't be too dreadfully hot.
Lovely work. Isn't it nice to have a thread/floss that just glides through the fabric?
I love this project . I usually like cross stitch from Teresa Kogut. Hope your weather isn't too bad. We're getting rain and smoke which doesn't sound too good either!
I'm fascinated by your description of the silk floss - lol! It sounds like fun. ;) Yes I'll check back Monday - have a great weekend!
You have made good progress on your new project. Enjoy your weekend. xx
Your start is truly beautiful! Stitching on 40 counts linen. . .I can't fathom seeing the space to stitch much less counting appropriately with such small threads! I hope you are able to make lots of progress on it and your Fat Quarters by the Dozen next week!
That is a sweet new design, Jeanna! I like the color names of your linen and floss - they sound like a yummy combination. :) We're having a hot weekend, too, but no rain in sight. Send some our way!
Thank you. I stayed inside all weekend, so it wasn't terrible.
Thank you, Linda. It was a nice weekend.
Pretty new project. 40 ct! I'm not sure my eyes had liked that! I'm fine up to 32 ct. I've been looking at some of Kogut's cross stitching patterns, they are very tempting.
This is such a beautiful stitch, Jeanna. I bet you will have it completed in no time. The weather has heated up this week, but we still have a chance for rain. We shall see though. Enjoy your week. Hugs.
Post a Comment