Hello and Happy Monday, dear friends!
I hope everyone in the USA enjoyed the July 4th celebration of our country's 250th birthday. We grilled hotdogs and hamburgers and I made potato salad. Hubby made some delicious baked beans. There was a side of fresh avocado with balsamic viniagrette and olive oil. We enjoyed hubby's homemade strawberry ice cream for dessert. Mom was here and we played board games before enjoying the fireworks display from Lake Junaluska.

Cleaning was accomplished, but I mostly enjoyed spending time with family. Sunday was spent in the sewing room. FQBTD releases 11 & 12 were completed.
Release 11 constisted of two blocks. One Left Majestic Block
And one Right Majestic Block
Release 12 is the Sunbeam Block


Fat Quarter Shop will release finishing instructions on July 15th. This will be interesting because there are some elements in what can only be a sashing, but we haven't received indstructions on how to make those yet.
My next quilt along is Jolly Tree Farm sponsored by the Fat Quarter Shop.
Each Monday during July they release instructions for a section of a small holiday quilt. I purchased the kit which includes everything except the pattern and batting to finish the quilt. You can download each release for the pattern from the FQS website for free. Today is release 2 but since I only received the kit last week, I am starting a bit behind. Apparently, the fabric was delayed from the supplier and the kits were held up a bit.
I'll be back on Friday, July 10th with a cross stitch update.
See you soon,




17 comments:
Nice that you didn't have to leave your house to see the fireworks. Glad you enjoyed being with family and still had a few moments to yourself to sew.
It sounds like you had a wonderful 4th, Jeanna. Mmm homemade ice cream- I bet it was delicious. Your blocks are so pretty. I look forward to following you on the next QAL. Have a great week. Hugs.
Dear Jeanna, it sounds like you had a great 4th. Homemade ice cream 🍦 😋
I love ❤️ seeing your progress on your blocks.
Oooh homemade ice cream--how neat!! I had my son and my two granddaughters drop over for a surprise visit--it was so nice to see them and catch up on all their "doings".
Your quilt alongs and sew alongs are looking so nice--i still haven't gotten back to my own sewing as yet--so many "littles" to be layered and backed--and not my favorite part either ;(((
hugs, Julierose
You must be looking forward to starting the Jolly Tree Farm quilt.
When it's too hot to be outside you can quilt in the coolness of your house.
Your 4th of July sounds very similar to mine! My husband made potato salad and we also had hot dogs and hamburgers. My mom also joined us! I made coconut cake for dessert as well as watermelon. We heard fireworks but couldn't see any. Your blocks all look great. I'm looking forward to the setting since they're all so different.
What a great meal. I bet that ice cream was delicious! How great to be able to see the fireworks from your deck. No parking issues, driving home late and jostling for a piece of grass for you! Way to go to keep making sew along blocks. Each one looks so precise!
Glad you enjoyed your weekend - always good to see fireworks from the comfort of your home! In France were were one side of a valley and always enjoyed the fireworks of the village across the valley from our terrasse. It will be nice to see your blocks come together and also your new Christmas project. xx
I am glad to see that you had a lovely 4th. I stayed home, but did see some fireworks done by neighbors that I haven’t met.
I was at Mom’s for lunch an d my brother had made brats.
Nice work on those blocks.
That sounds like the perfect celebration! Those blocks are nicely done, very pretty. The holiday QAL sounds interesting - I look forward to seeing it.
Thank you, Linda. It was a nice 4th. One quilt-along is nearing the end, and I'm ready for it! Thanks for stopping by :)
Hi, GM! Yes, I'm looking forward to the Christmas quilt. But this one is a mystery. They will only release patterns once a week during July. I may wait to cut into the fabric until I have all the patterns.
You had a wonderful 4th of July in my book….good food, fireworks from the comfort of your home and time with family. You have several quilt BOM/BOW going….and you keep up with them so well….me, I’d be behind already, lol. Can’t wait to see them come together :-)
Your 4th of July menu sounds a lot like ours except our ice cream came from the store! :) Those last blocks for your Fat Quarters quilt are neat ones. It will be fun to see how they all come together. A Christmas QAL sounds like fun, too!
Hola amiga! aqui estoy como te prometi y que tedigo? en esta entrada esta TODO lo que me gusta espera .... primero esa foto me encanta!!!! por sus colores y por lo natural de la misma.. Esa comida esta riquisima!!! jaja me encanta todo y hasta hambre me ha dado! jajja y los juegos de mesa??? me encantan! nada que habria pasado un super dia feliz de haber estadop ahi jajja tus bloques maravillosos, esos tonos pasteles le dan ese toque chic que tanto me gusta. En fin amiga que me encanta! Besitos y aseguir publicando bellezas comoe stas auqnue la verdad No hay nada como disfruitar de la familia!
Besos amiga
Dianet de Parchesdeamo❤r
Thank you for your visit and sweet comment, Dianet. You are right, nothing beats time with family. I'm fortunate my mom is 82 and still lives on her own, drives herself and is generally good health. I do not take those holidays with her for granted. I'm ready for this quilt-along to finish. I'm interested in seeing the final instructions. Enjoy your week.
Wonderful holiday food!
you tempted me with the idea of trees . . .but no...I am restraining myself.
Post a Comment