.
.
.
.

Friday, April 19, 2024

F.N.S.I.

It’s the third Friday of the month which is Friday Night Sew In hosted by Wendy at Sugarlane Designs.


Hubby and I will be leaving late this morning for a long weekend of camping in Arya the Airstream.


Here is what I am taking to stitch tonight and over the weekend.

 

Hoping to make some progress on May Calendar Crates by Stitching with the Housewives.





And I’m starting a new project. This is a Stitch Along (SAL) hosted by Nichol Spohr on YouTube.  She is celebrating her Flossiversary by stitching one of the seasonal basket charts by Hands on Design. Nichol is going to teach us how to fully finish the stitch into a biscornu, even though the chart is not designed for such a finish. I’ve never attempted this before, and it looks quite daunting. However, Nichol assures us that we can do it.


Image borrowed from Rainburst Embroidery on Etsy
Sample of a Biscornu Finish


I’m stitching the Autumn Basket since I already have the chart. I pulled the DMC floss and some fabric from my stash as well.


Since the campground we will be at this weekend is further up in the Smokies, I won’t have connectivity. So, please come back on Tuesday to see my progress.

 

Have a wonderful weekend!

 

8 comments:

Gene Black said...

Enjoy your trip. I am sure you will do fine with the biscornu finish.

Linda said...

Oh that trip sounds wonderful! Did you name your Airstream after Arya Stark? That Autumn Basket floss is sooooo pretty! Have a great trip!

Astrid said...

Some pretty projects to work on. I've never done a biscornu either. Looking forward to see yours finished. Have a wonderful weekend trip!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You have some very lovely projects to work on . I look forward to seeing your progress and hearing about your travels. Have a great weekend camping. Hugs.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I so admire you working on the dark fabric. I've done that in the past but I need full sunlight to do so and probably can't these days no matter how much lighting I have. This is so pretty though so worth the effort. Lovely array of projects. I'm envious of these weekend trips in your Airstream. Enjoy every minute!

Jeanette said...

Have a wonderful weekend. I love biscornus. I should try a cross stitch one as they are so pretty.

Lin said...

Lots to keep you busy. I have made several Biscornu and they are much easier than they look! xx

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I've never heard of Biscornu before but it's so pretty! You always worn on the best cross stitch projects. Hope your trip was fun!