.
.
.
.

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Sewing, Stitching and Baking

Hi, Friends.

Is it my imagination or do the weekend days pass more quickly than the weekdays? Or perhaps I try to fit in more on the weekends?

There were a lot of domestic duties that had to be fulfilled last weekend; a trip to the farmers market, bakery, clothes shopping for an upcoming wedding and major league baseball games to watch. Maybe that last activity can’t be classified as domestic but it is a necessity this time of year.

 

I enjoyed time sewing up my Gene’s Flying Stars.


I’m using a layer cake of Miss Kate by Bonnie and Camille for Moda Fabrics. I’ve had this for a while, and it makes me smile.




I’ll have to put these aside (not back in the box) for a few weeks.

 

In the hoop is May’s Calendar Crates by Stitching with the Housewives.

 

This is the monthly cross stitch piece that is placed on the board next to the garage entrance. 


I have to stitch and fully finish May, June and July. All other months are stitched and fully finished.

 

I also baked some of the best cake-like cookies we’ve ever had, and you KNOW I love good cookies. They are sour cream cookies with buttercream frosting.


You can find the recipe here at Preppy Kitchen.

 

As we were sitting in the downstairs family room, watching baseball of course, we noticed a rather large bird at the feeder. He was actually eating off the ground underneath the feeder.


I suppose he thinks it is safe since Thanksgiving is still seven months away.

 

I’m also very happy to report that I didn’t kill the hydrangeas.


I hope their blooms will be as impressive as their leaves.


Spring is finally sprouting here in the mountains.

 

Speaking of spring, hubby and I are off this weekend in the Airstream to get her de-winterized and cleaned up for the camping season.

 

I’ll be away for the next five weekends on some trip or other. I’ll do my best to share the journey. This most likely means that there will be more cross stitch and less sewing to show, but you never know.

 

I sure hope you are having a great week so far. 


Best Wishes!

 

8 comments:

Gene Black said...

Hi Jeanna. I am glad you enjoyed making these Flying Stars. They look lovely.
The cross stitch also looks lovely. I worked on red Aida cloth once and when it was finished said "Never again on anything but white/ecru cloth.

Vicki in MN said...

Maybe you want to stop by and clean up my camper while you are at it, LOL. Oh it's dirty after returning. Isn't it so fun to see the turkey in your yard. We had one stop through yesterday. Safe travels!

Linda said...

Those cookies look great. I just bookmarked the recipe with a note that you recommended them. have fun on your trips!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love your stars! I love Bonnie and Camille fabrics as well as their patterns. Your cross stitch is always an inspiration to me. You do such beautiful work. We have turkeys in my neighborhood and they're scary! I keep away from them. Enjoy your travels!

Jeanette said...

Love your stars. Very cheery. Those cookies look & sound yummy. :) Your hydrangea is looking good.

Lin said...

Your stars are looking great and the cookies look delicious. Enjoy your weekends away and your cross stitch. xx

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your stars look great! They're going to make a beautiful quilt. Those cookies look yummy, too - thanks for sharing the recipe. Have fun on your camping trip!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Those Flying stars are wonderful looking, Jeanna. That sounds like just the kind of cookie we would like so thanks for sharing. How neat to have an Airstream; I've always admired them. That is the most wonderful hobby that you both can share.