.
.
.
.

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

First Quarter Wrap-Up

The calendar has turned over to a new month.


April Calendar Crates
by Stitching with the Housewives

Since I am counting stitches for the stocking SAL, I thought it would be interesting to see how many Xs I cross on all of my cross-stitch projects. So, I started counting them at the beginning of the year.

 

2024 Stitches

January = 10,955 stitches on 5 projects

February = 7,343 stitches on 7 projects

March = 10, 382 stitches on 5 projects

 

February’s projects were mostly smalls which is why there were more projects but fewer stitches.

 

Four out of the 7 projects were from this book…


Keeper of the Pins
by With Thy Needle and Thread


Needle and Thread


Red Sampler Pincushion


Dame of the Needle


Threads of Time Pincushion

One of these was stitched during March…

The Sewing Bird


Stitched on 36 count linen, Vintage Country Mocha by Wichelt. Used the called-for threads and beads.


These will be made into pillows for my dough bowl.

 

I completed March's blocks from the two monthly series I’m working on.

 

Snow Village – Frozen Hot Chocolate Shop



Prim Stitch – Peace and Plenty








I decided to use the white frame for this one.

If you missed January and February blocks, you can find them here  and here.


No new progress to report on Olga's stocking. I'll have some catching up to do this week.

 

We had beautiful weather on Easter.


Rosemary at
The Knitting Quilter recently made a crustless custard pie and shared a link to the recipe on her blog. I decided to try it for our Easter dessert, and it was delicious.  Hard to believe something that is so simple to make can taste so good.


That is my first quarter recap. Now to see what April will bring… fingers crossed for a few days of quilting!

 

 

5 comments:

Gene Black said...

I am going to try that custard. I will just use a sugar substitute. Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

Sewing Bird is so cute! Love all your projects, they look so pretty framed too. Your photo of the mountains is wonderful. :)
I just saved the custard recipe and also the Egg Roll Skillet recipe she linked to - yum!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

So glad you enjoyed the custard pie! Your stitching is beautiful and so inspiring to me! I'm working on a bureau runner but will be looking for a new cross stitch project when it's done. I love seeing your work!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is impressive that you are keeping track of your stitches! The amount you've got already boggles my mind. I love the little angel design! And the pie sounds yummy, too!

Lin said...

Lots of lovely stitching there. Love your carrot set up. xx