.
.
.
.

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

A Few Finishes and Lake Photos

The patriotic décor will soon come down and be replaced with sunflowers and bees.

I fully finished the three small pieces I shared in my last post here.

 

The first one is just the bee skep and a couple of bees from Pinker N’ Punkin Quilting’s Mini Bee Sampler.


 

I got a few of these small 3 x 3 picture frames from Michael’s last month and knew I wanted to stitch something tiny for the Hoosier cabinet.


The next finish is another Pinker N’ Punkin design, Mini Sunflower Sampler. I made this one into a small pillow using some Lori Holt fabric and twine.

I used a small piece of wool felt to cover the opening on the back.

Both of the PNP pieces were stitched on 40 count Mallow Raw by Zweigart. I selected floss from my stash.

 

Thank you, Melisa, for your kindness and generosity in sharing your sweet designs.

 

The last finish is Harvest, a collaboration between Hands on Design  and Priscilla Blain of Stitching withthe Housewives. The stitching is on 14 count aida in chalkboard black by Wichelt, and I used the called for floss. The fabric is a  piece of Fig Tree leftover from the Sewcialites 2 quilt along.

Covering the opening in the back is a piece of felt adorned with a small pin and Lori Holt buttons.

I still need (or rather, want) more sunflowers and bees but it is doubtful I’ll get around to stitching more.

 

A friend, you know who you are 😊, pointed out that while I shared photos of the geese last time, I never showed the lake. So, I’m including a few photos now.

There is a sidewalk around the lake and a foot bridge that crosses in the center.


There are ducks, geese and swans. I'll have to photograph the swans next time. There are also bald eagles and owls but I haven't had any luck getting their picture.


One of the neighbors of the lake has trimmed his shrubs into a dog.

Lake Junaluska is a beautiful place to walk which makes it easy to get out and do it!

I hope you all are having a lovely week!



 

 

11 comments:

Gene Black said...

Yes, having a beautiful place to walk really increases one’s activity. When I used to house/pet site at a home on the golf course, I would walk quite a lot.

Julierose said...

What lovely stitcheries you've finished--they will add a lovely touch to your decor;)))
Your Lake looks so pretty--sounds like a great spot to get out and walk too...
Hugs, Julierose

Linda said...

Love all your stitching projects, and that chalkboard black is striking! Is it harder to stitch on black? Your lake is gorgeous! I looked at real estate in North Carolina (just for fun but kind of serious!) the other night. We keep talking about moving to a state where the high pressure heat dome doesn't park on top of us all summer. I've been looking north and west, and Hubs mentioned South Carolina, so I looked at both states. Don't tell our kids we are looking - lol!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Love your projects - they are so tiny! I like how you use wool felt to cover the openings in the backs of the little pillows. The lake is beautiful - thanks for sharing - ;))

Jeanette said...

Love your projects, they are so cute. Sure is a beautiful area you have to take a walk.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Good afternoon, Jeanna. It is so exciting to see your finishes. The white frame is perfect for the little bee skep and love your finish for the Sunflower sampler and Harvest. Thank you so much for stitching my humble bee pieces. The lake looks like an amazing place to visit. Aaah that long wooden bridge- what a lovely place to visit.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

You live in such a beautiful area! I can see why you wanted to move there. Your projects came out great! I love the frames you chose. It's so neat how you used felt to cover the opening. The buttons are such a cute detail!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your little cross-stitch pieces finished up so nicely! I like how you're finishing them on the back - is that where the opening is for stuffing? The lake looks like a beautiful spot!

Lin said...

I do love your little collection of minis which make a lovely display. The lake looks gorgeous and great topiary! xx

Quilter Kathy said...

Love the shrub dog... so creative!
And your adorable hand stitched pillows are amazing!
Your photos make me want to run into my sewing room!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What a beautiful area you live in Jeanna! I enjoy seeing these outdoor photos esp. lovely this time of year. And my what pretty finishes you shared here and they are cleverly finished too...those buttons-sweet. A lovely collection!