.
.
.
.

Friday, August 4, 2023

Things are Buzzing

Hello and Happy Friday!

 

While taking inventory of quilts that need to be finished, I realized that I never shared the last of the Sewcialites 2 blocks. This quilt-along was hosted by the Fat Quarter Shop earlier this year.

 

#23 is “Changeling Star Block” designed by Andy Knowlton of A Bright Corner



Block 24 is “Engergize Block” designed by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings



The blocks are all done except for ‘finishing blocks’ that require additional yardage I do not have, and is no longer available. So…I’m thinking since I have plenty of the background fabric, I will just do sashings and cornerstones. It will still make a nice size lap quilt.  But then there is the issue of borders...ugh! Guess I need to think about this a bit more.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I couldn’t get enough of bee stitching so I made one more…

Stitching Bee by Little House Needleworks, stitched on the same 40 count as the other small pieces I showed here.

 

I haven’t fully finished it yet because I need some trim.

 

Speaking of the other stitches, here is the Hoosier cabinet decorated for August.









I put battery operated candles in two pots.

One for the cabinet...


Another for one of the niches in the hallway.

They come on in the evening and turn off after 6 hours.

 

See the little pineapple flag? 

This was made and gifted to me by Mary at NeedledMom a few years ago.


See the little fussy cut bee? So cute.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The hummingbirds have arrived in the mountains. I caught one at the feeder just outside of hubby's home office.  Not the best of photos but  proof they are here 😊



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This weekend’s agenda is filled with household chores so there won't be much time for sewing. We do have plans to go out to dinner with friends on Saturday night. And I hope to be caught up enough with chores to join friends for Zoom stitching on Sunday afternoon.

 

Do you have anything fun planned for the weekend? Maybe I can live vicariously through you!

 

See you soon 😊

12 comments:

Gene Black said...

Have you looked for similar fabrics that you could substitute for the additional yardage? You could certainly use solids for the borders.

I love that blue bowl in the cabinet, it reminds me of an old Corningware dish my mother had.

Linda said...

How are your temperatures in the mountains? Love your Sewcialites blocks, I intended to do that one but it never really got off the ground in my room. Love your cabinet and all the pretties you have. I love tealights and have a lot glass votives. Are your candles like "regular" candles, or are they the tealights? Your weekend plans sound fun. We have nothing planned other than maybe going to breakfast in the morning!

Ramona said...

Your stitching is so pretty. Bees are very popular right now and I can understand why. Your cabinet looks really nice. I love all of your vintage pieces. The fabrics in your quilt blocks are so soothing. I'm sure you will find a way to finish the quilt in style.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your blocks are PRETTY!! I like how you decorate the cabinet for the the month - and that blue bowl that Gene mentioned reminds me that I have an orange one similar to it. The bee in the pineapple flag is cute! The hummingbirds are cute, too - ;))

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love how you decorated your cabinet. So so cute!! Love your quilt blocks as well as your cross stitch projects. The pineapple flag is adorable with the little bee added on. I wish I saw more hummingbirds. I see them once in awhile. So glad to see you're enjoying your new home!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I've enjoyed seeing your Sewcialites blocks this year - they're going to make a pretty quilt! Love the Hoosier cabinet and all your bee stitching is so fun. And seeing the hummingbird right there out the window, too - wonderful! We're going to a 50th wedding anniversary party for some high school friends this weekend - hard to believe that much time has passed!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Great additions to your block library!

time4stitchn said...

Love the design of your blog! And I love your socialites blocks; they look similar to mine although I did a taupe background. Those are Fig Tree fabric? Such cute decor to your home!

Kyle said...

Your Hoosier makes a great display area. It's always nice to see what you're sewing or stitching. My weekend ...chores with stitching snuck in

Vicki in MN said...

Love seeing how you decorated your cabinet, you'll have lots of fun each month gathering items for it. Glad you finally snatched a photo of the hummingbird:). We did some ATVing and kayaking this weekend.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

What a fun filled post, Jeanna. Your quilt blocks look amazing . Yellow is such a cheerful color. I am in love with how you decorated your Hoosier- the touch of blue with your bee decor looks amazing! Great photos of the hummingbirds. They are fun to watch aren't they? Have a great week. Hugs.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Your blocks turned out great. I used to have a Hoosier but I gave it to may daughter when I moved down here. I sort of wish I hadn't but maybe I'll get another one someday.
Yours is decorated so cute and where did you get your battery operated candles....I love the look of them. I wish I could go out to eat but there's not much on the menus I can eat so I just stay home and cook.
We have hummers here starting in late April or early May but then leave for Mexico in the Fall or Texas...somewhere warmer than here. We have people here that do the same thing...we call them snow birds.
Have fun this weekend...regardless!