.
.
.
.

Friday, July 7, 2023

Back at the Sewing Machine and FNwF

When I realized that tonight was the first Friday evening of the month, I knew I had to join Cheryl at Gone Stitchin’ for her Friday Night with Friends event. 

Check out her linky party to see what everyone got up to tonight.

 

This party was just the inspiration I needed to set aside unpacking boxes and do some sewing. Between prepping for the move - then the move - followed by my travels, I had fallen behind on two quilt-alongs. I got out the boxes and realized I only have three more blocks to sew for the Sewcialites 2 quilt.

 

Changed the rotary blade and sewing machine needle then went to work on block #22.

 

This is Ohio Twist Block designed by Jessica Dayon.



As a reminder, I am sewing Sewcialites 2 using Fig Tree’s Cinnamon and Cream fabrics.

 

Earlier this week my sweet husband bought me a Hoosier cabinet. I’ve wanted one for quite a while.


I’m having a bit of a challenge in decorating it as all of my summer décor is ‘beachy’ or more fit for Florida. I do have some things I can use when we get closer to fall.


My best friend from Florida visited a couple of weeks ago and gifted us a little sign. My husband said that was his contribution to the new cabinet and placed it on the top shelf.


Hope everyone is off to a great weekend. I’m going to be plugging along on the last two blocks for the Sewcialites quilt.

 

14 comments:

Gene Black said...

Great work on your quilt block.

I love the Hoosier cabinet. Those Charles Chips canisters on top bring back memories.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sometimes it just feels so good to sit down and sew something! Your Hoosier cabinet is a pretty piece of furniture. Have fun decorating it!

Linda said...

Oh that's a pretty cabinet! LOL on that sign! :D The fussy cut on your Ohio Twist block and those colors are just beautiful. I am currently doing a free pattern from Jessica Dayon.
Enjoy your weekend!

Julierose said...

Oh that is a beautiful cabinet!! What a lovely gift;)))
Happy to hear you are back in sewing "mode"...
Our skies are overcast with that wildfire smokiness...ugh!!
hugs, Julierose

Sharon Kwilter said...

Your block is pretty. Your socialites will be beautiful. I've been downloading the blocks this year, but I haven't gotten around to sewing any of them yet.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi I thoroughly enjoyed your cross stitch retreat post. Thanks for sharing all the photos of the everyone and the lovely work too. I also cross stitch so it was of great interest to me.
This block of yours is a beauty! And what pretty fabrics. Happy Stitching from me!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Happy Stitching from me, too! I love your block and your Hoosier cabinet - the sign is perfect - ;))

Helenchaffin said...

beautiful print for the Ohio twist block,luv the cabinet!

Susan said...

Moving is always a challenge!
The Ohio twist block looks great - very pretty.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Love your new cabinet. It's so fun to decorate but can imagine it's challenging when you've just moved into a new house. Too much to do! Love your Ohio Twist block. You always pick the best fabrics!

Vicki in MN said...

Beautiful new cabinet, you might have to go shopping to fill it! So glad you finally got time to sew.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful block and your new cabinet is wonderful, perfect bear sign from your friend.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your Hoosier looks amazing, Jeanna. You will be enjoying decorating it for years to come. Gorgeous quilt block that you completed too. Have a great weekend. Hugs.

Lin said...

The fabrics you are using are very pretty and I love your new cabinet! xx