.
.
.
.

Friday, July 14, 2023

Friday Finish and Hydrangeas

Happy Friday My Friends!

I was able to squeeze in one more patriotic finish before the ‘season’ ends.

This is Freedom by Cricklewood Crossing. It is part of their Hometown USA series.

I stitched it on Zweigart’s 40 count Mallow in Raw. I changed most of the DMC colors.





The stitch count is 111 x 71 and because it is full coverage, that means I made 7,881 Xs. Being on 40 count means it made a super tiny, but oh so adorable little pillow.

 

There are actually two charts in this pattern but the next will have to wait until next year. I want to move onto sunflowers and bees. I need things to fill the new Hoosier cabinet.

 

I want to show you the three baby hydrangeas in our yard. 

I couldn’t be happier with their growth. 

I need to learn how to care for them going forward so we are going to a local nursery this weekend.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

 

13 comments:

Gene Black said...

Years ago I sewed thousands of those little Xs. So I can say "You did a great job!"

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Freedom pillow is a sweet finish! So many tiny stitches. The hydrangeas are really pretty, too!

Julierose said...

Oh those baby hydrangeas are so pretty all blooming!! :))
Very pretty cross stitcheries you've worked!!
Hugs, Julierose

Linda said...

Holy cow, 40 count? Wowza. I can barely see to stitch on 14 count - lol! So cute, nice job. :) Those are beautiful hydrangeas. Good luck learning to care for them.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love your cross stitch projects. They're beautiful! Those cross stitches were so tiny! I hope you used a magnifier of some sort! My hydrangeas are just starting to bloom. Yours are much bigger! Gorgeous!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Those patterns are darling. I've never heard of that pattern company. I'll have to go take a look. I don't do 40 count or linen...just even weave and Aida...are some linens easier than others? So do you have to use a hoop? I stitch in hand. Not sure I'll ever do linen or 40 count. I heard someone did 56 count!?! They must have x-ray vision! LOL!
I have one big hydrangea bush...they like water thus the "hydra" part. I have mine on the north side of my house but yours are blooming...mine is not...yet anyway. Yours are darling. Mine are pink and/or blue evidently depending on the soil. Have a nice weekend!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Happy Friday! Your cross stitch projects are always SO pretty - and these are tiny!! Your hydrangeas are beautiful - ;))

Lin said...

Cute finish. I love Hydrangea - yours are flowering beautifully. xx

Barwitzki said...

Your freedom pillow is beautiful. Well done.
Have fun in the garden, the hydrangeas are terrific.
Many happy greetings from Viola

Susan said...

Good Luck with the hydrangeas - there used to be a lot of them in the garden when I lived at home - mostly blue though

Vicki in MN said...

What a cute patriotic addition! Gorgeous hydrangea too!

dq said...

Very lovely blog and stitches!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

What a darling cross stitch, Jeanna. Love that eagle. Your hydrangeas look amazing. I tried to grow a bush years ago. Unfortunately , it did not make it . I may have to give it another try next year. Have a great day.