.
.
.
.

Friday, July 21, 2023

Prepping for the Weekend

Good Day and Happy Friday!

 

Hubby and I are headed down and over to Salisbury, NC today. Our friends from Florida will be there because their daughter’s Little League All-Star softball team won State and they are playing in the regional tournament this weekend. It has been a long time since our daughter played travel ball so we are missing the clay just a wee bit.

 

I pulled a chart that I’ve had for a while and did a little outlining. I figure I can work on filling it in when our favorite player isn’t on the field or batting.


HOME is an older Stitch Quarterly club kit from the Fat Quarter Shop. Each quarter members get a pattern, fabric, floss, needle and some sort of notion in a project bag. I’m still trying to complete more sunflower and bee charts to decorate with during  August and September.

 

In that effort, I finished two sweet charts from Melisa at Pinker N’ Punkin Quilting. Clink on bold text for a link to her current blog post.

 

Melisa generously offers her charts for free. But the most enjoyable part of her blog is all that she shares about her life on a farm, her decor, quilting and recipes.

 

The stitch on the left is her Mini Sunflower Sampler, you can find the link to this free pattern here.

The stitch on the right are motifs from her Mini Bee Sampler. You can find the link to that free pattern here. I wanted something really small to fit a certain finishing piece so I only stitched the bee skep and a couple of her adorable little bees.

 

The last piece I have ready for finishing is Harvest by Stitching with the Housewives.

I’ll share additional details about each piece when I fully finish them which is on the agenda for this weekend.

 

We are only going to attend the tournament on Friday, so I’ll have all day Saturday to do some finishing and maybe some other sewing. I have a couple more quilt blocks ready to show next time as well.

 

I can’t leave without sharing a couple of photos from this week’s walk around Lake Junaluska.



These geese have it good.

 

What are your plans for the next couple of days? Sewing, stitching…do share!

 

 

 

 

10 comments:

Gene Black said...

I hope the tournament is enjoyable -and that the weather is not to hot or too wet to interfere with your plans.

Vicki in MN said...

Always a good idea to have some hand work to do while traveling. I just prepped some too, not cross stitch tho'. I am sure you will whip right through these projects:)

Linda said...

Enjoy your trip! We love softball and watch the OU Sooners softball tournaments every year - but only on TV. Some day we'd like to drive up to a game, but they are always in the heat, so maybe not - lol!
That Home Grown CS is now on my Wishlist at FQS thanks to you. ;)
Those geese look pretty tame!

Julierose said...

Boy, such tiny stitcheries--and all so pretty--nice works. Great to have a project all prepped for travel and game watching--I used to take one with me during Little League Seasons...long ago memories...Have a great trip==stay safe
Hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your sunflower stitching looks perfect to decorate with for this time of year, Jeanna! I started Melisa's sunflower sampler, too - you're inspiring me to get back to it. Have a fun weekend!

Jeanette said...

Cute samplers. Have a lovely trip away. The geese sure do have it good. :)

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I'm a little late reading blogs today - so I hope you had fun at the tournament. Your projects are lovely - I'm looking forward to seeing more of them - ;))

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy Friday, Jeanna. I hope you have a great weekend at the ball field. Softball is one of my favorite sports to watch. Oh I am so honored that you stitched my little designs and they are gorgeous. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the sweetest shout out. Love seeing those geese. Hugs.

Susan said...

Some lovely little projects there - enjoy the tournament!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Okay, not to be smart mouthed or anything but where is the lake? LOL! I remember that HOME piece and I liked it but I didn't belong to the club. I imagine I could get it now as a pattern since it's been awhile. I really like the barnboard fabric...perfect for that piece.
Melissa is amazing as to what she accomplishes and how extremely generous she is and her charts are so cute!
Your sunflowers and bee XS are going to be so cute in your display. I can't wait to see your quilt blocks. I finally got my BOM #6 cut out...it's been a busy month! Stay cool!