.
.
.
.

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

F.N.S.I. and Weekend Recap

Good day, my friends.

The third Friday of the month came quite quickly, in my opinion. But the good thing about that is I got to participate in Wendy’s Friday Night Sew-In.


I had a finish on Honey Bee Basket by Primrose Cottage Stitches. 

It was an easy and quick stitch. You will find the details on fabric and floss in my previous post here.

I have a finishing piece in mind and hope to get to it this weekend.


Friday night was also a baking night. Hubby asked for a blueberry cobbler, and who am I to say no to that?


I tried a new recipe from Tastes Better from Scratch and we think it is the best one yet!

Saturday was supposed to be a sewing day, but we needed to go to Asheville for a few things. We parked near a veterinary clinic while running errands.


This is the outside of the clinic. Isn’t this a fun wall?

We had a little rain on Sunday and my hydrangeas loved it!


The little lime hydrangea is just beginning to bloom.


The others are much further along.


I had shared in a previous post that I was participating in a stitch along on IG from May 21st until July 2nd. The hashtag is #ItBeeTuesdaySAL, hosted by Christi @javagirlstitches and Ana @anaroat1. We posted progress on our bee projects on Tuesdays and tagged them. They had a give away for the participants and I won one of the gifts.


It is a collection of finishing items, a needle minder and floss keeper by Souleful Creations.


I’m sure you will see some of these items in the upcoming bee display.


So, that was the weekend on Aster Ridge. What did you get up to? Anything creative? Did you do any baking? Tell me all the things!



10 comments:

Gene Black said...

It appears that you had a lovely week. The cobbler loos delicious.

Vicki in MN said...

Blueberries, yum! Coming up with finishing ideas for cross stitch is not so easy. I did lots of odds and ends over the weekend, nothing sewing related.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Blueberry cobbler sounds so good! I love your hydrangea. I think this is the best time of year for them to bloom. You won some great gifts. Congrats!!

Linda said...

Oof, I clicked on Wendy's link and I was off, happily diving into another rabbit hole. She is a Gemini like I am and has the same "squirrel" mentality. So I love her - lol! Did you see her Jardin de Poche? I want that pattern!

That cobbler looks yum! It reminds me of The Pastry Queen's recipe, which calls for a bit of brown sugar sprinkled over the top with the cinnamon. I might have to make that this week. We are finishing up a homemade chocolate cake that has completely ruined my waistline.

Those hydrangeas are so pretty with that touch of pink. Love your gifts!

Jeanette said...

The cobbler looks yummy. The hydrangeas are just beautiful. Love the bee cross stitch & the goodies you won.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Happy Tuesday, Jeanna. Your Honey Bee Basket is beeeautiful and yum on the cobbler! I love fresh blueberries. Your hydrangeas look amazing. I planted my 1st hydrangea this year. It is doing pretty good. Lime Light will be my next purchase. A whole lot of sewing and a little bit of baking went on here in the holler. It is a busy time of the year isn't it? Have a wonderful evening. Hugs.

Julierose said...

That cobbler looks so yummy!! I love your little finished bee basket stitchery--so pretty;))
My hydrangea has just begun to set some buds and one flower has come out but is still in the closed, green stage. Yours are so pretty and full....
Hope your upcoming weekend is a good one...hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the Honey Bee Basket stitch! I love the design and such pretty colors. The blueberry cobbler looks yummy, and your hydrangeas are beautiful, too. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend!

Lin said...

What a great little bee pack - congratulations. I love the wall! Nice finish on the bee basket - looking forward to seeing what it becomes and beautiful hydrangeas.
A weekend of hospital visits and gardening here not much on the sewing front but plenty of knitting. xx

Susan said...

Congratulations on the win - lucky you!
Your garden is going well..Very cute cross-stitch. I don't garden ...I much prefer to keep my hands clean and stay inside...LOL