.
.
.
.

Monday, June 24, 2024

F.N.S.I. and A Little Patriotic

This year is flying! Hard to believe we are halfway through 2024 already. I had high hopes back in January of completing some quilts and stitching on older WIPs. Instead, I just keep getting distracted with other things. I am enjoying myself though, like last Friday.

 

Wendy at Sugarlane Designs hosted Friday Night Sew In. I was happy to participate and selected this project to work on.


I Would Rather Bee Stitching
by Primrose Cottage Stitches

 

This is the second bee finish this month. I shared the first one here.


Both will be made into pillows. They will be small because I stitched them with 1 strand of floss over 1 fabric thread, which is 25 count lugana.

 

Many thanks to Wendy for hosting. I joined her Facebook group and shared my progress there. Everyone was so encouraging.

 

I’ve started (late, I know) to bring out patriotic décor. I purchased this Longaberger basket earlier this month while antiquing in Ohio. I had intended to put the Keeper of the Pins pillows in it but that didn’t work out.


So, I placed one of my Blackbird Designs pillows in it.


And I’m working on the Hoosier cabinet. I need to stitch a piece to go on the top shelf. See? This means another new start…geesh!



As always, thank you for your visit. Hope you have a great week!

11 comments:

Lin said...

That does sound tiny! Bee-autiful. Your decorating is looking great and I do love that basket. Does that shape have a special use or is it just a decorators piece? Nice to have you along on Friday. xx

Gene Black said...

Those small pillows will work nicely in your decor.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Great start to your patriotic decorating. Everything is so beautiful . The basket was a fabulous find. Woo Hoo on another gorgeous bee finish. I look forward to seeing each one made into darling little pin pillows. Have a wonderful week, Jeanna. Hugs

Julierose said...

These will just be such lovely pillows, Jeanna;)))
That basket is a beauty--I like the patriotic wooden heart slipped in there--very nice.
Gee, too bad you have to start Another project hahaha have a great rest of the week--hugs, Julierose

Jeanette said...

The cross stitch is lovely. So tempting to make some. :) Love that basket, its wonderful.

Vicki in MN said...

Your decorations look great! I am impressed with how much stitching you get done.

Linda said...

Your displays are so pretty! I love your baskets, and you've given me some ideas. I'm off to see what I can find in the way of decorations on sale at Hobby Lobby today - wish me luck. :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I Would Rather Bee Stitching is adorable, Jeanna! I love designs with little bees in them, and your basket is a neat shape, too. Looks very fun for decorating with!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Your stitching is amazing! I never get as much done as I planned but that's okay. Just have fun and do what you can! It looks like you're getting lots done. I love that basket too!

Susan said...

Your patriotic decor is looking lovely - what a great reason to make a new start on a project!

welcome to FNSI blog world!

dq said...

Such a cute blog, Jeanna. I am visiting for the first time. That stitched pillow will be gorgeous!!!