.
.
.
.

Thursday, June 13, 2024

May Stats, New Starts and StitchCon Prep

Happy Thursday, Friends! 

I’ve been trying to update the blog for a few weeks now. I’m going to say better delayed than never.

 

May was somewhat productive with stitching. I managed 5,642 Xs on seven different projects. There were several days that I didn’t stitch because I was busy with household projects and getting ready for another trip. I’ll tell you about the trip in just a bit.

 

I recently started two new projects. Both are stitch alongs (SAL).

 

The first is Liberty House by With Thy Needle and Thread (Brenda Gervais). This SAL is coordinated by Christine at Hollis Hands Create, #hollissummerholidaysal. We begin a patriotic chart (our choice) on Memorial Day with the hopes of finishing it by Labor Day.  She has hosted this on Instagram for a few years, but this is my first time joining.


Liberty House is stitched on 36 count linen, Alabaster by XJudesign, using the called-for floss. I'm stitching with two strands of floss over two linen threads.

 

This is where I got to before my trip. I wanted to get the house outlined so I could fill it in on my trip.

 

The next SAL I joined is hosted by Christi – Javagirl Stitches and Ana Roat - @anaroat1 on Instagram. This one is easy. We stitch bee charts on Tuesdays from May 21st until July 2nd. We post our progress on IG and they will have prize drawings at the end of the SAL.


My first chart was A Bee C by Primrose Cottage Stitches. It is stitched on 25 count Lugana, Cloud by Lori Holt, using the called-for DMC floss. 


I finished it fairly quickly.


And then I started I Would Rather Bee Stitching, also by Primrose Cottage Stitches. I’m using the same fabric and floss as the other bee chart. I'm stitching these two bee charts with one strand of floss over one fabric thread. They will be tiny finishes.



I didn’t get very far before I had to start prepping for my trip.


My trip was to Cincinnati, OH for StitchCon. This is the second year in a row I’ve attended this cross stitch retreat.  It is hosted by Keepsakes in Sharonville, OH.

 

I made gifts for my tablemates, Flosstubers and other attendees.

I purchased pure, clean beeswax from a keeper in town and made small waxers for everyone. Wax can be used to tame floss or help some of the metallic threads go through the fabric easily. 




 



My tablemates received a waxer along with a travel pair of scissors adorned with small fobs, which I also made.


I made larger fobs for some of the Flosstubers and other friends I met.


Remember I was supposed to be doing “fill in” on Liberty House during this trip? I'll show you progress tomorrow when I share more about Stitchcon. I hope you'll join me then.


Enjoy your day!


9 comments:

Gene Black said...

It sounds like you had a lovely time. I am sure your table mates were pleased with your gift bags.

Linda said...

All your projects are so attractive, I must look away. ;) StitchCon sounds like fun! Your waxers and fobs are adorable, I'm so impressed. Where did you get your wax forms?

Vicki in MN said...

Cute waxers! Did you drive up to Stitch Con by yourself or did you take hubby and the camper?

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Sounds like a fabulous time and what darling gifts for your stitching friends. I look forward to seeing your progress. Happy Stitching.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The A Bee C project is adorable! I've been enjoying Melisa's mini samplers - maybe I'm ready to branch out to something like that. I'll look forward to reading about StitchCon, too!

Jeanette said...

Love your projects. Not sure i could manage 1 floss over 1 thread, so tiny. Cute waxers.

Julierose said...

Just lovely projects in progress!!
Loving those turquoise and gold thread colors, Jeanna...
Hugs, Julierose

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Such great projects! I love the gifts you made for everyone. I can't wait to hear all about StitchCon!!

Lin said...

I do love your Bee projects! I am a great fan of bees. Lovely gifts for your table mates, beeswax is always useful as are those scissors. xx