.
.
.
.

Saturday, May 11, 2024

April Wrap Up, OTX to OBX

This week almost got away from me. Work was super busy, but isn’t that always the way when you are getting ready to take vacation?

First, I want to tell you that I managed to put in 4,041 cross stitches on 3 projects during April. (Slacker Status!)

I finished the fourth chart in Snow Village by Country Cottage Needleworks.



Popsicle Cart

I made some progress on May Calendar Crates by Stitching with the Housewives


And I finished Autumn Basket by Hands on Design. This will be the top of a biscornu.


I still need to stitch another piece of Autumn Basket for the bottom of the biscornu.


We made a quick trip to Old Town Alexandria last weekend for a wedding.  I can’t share wedding photos because I was too busy socializing and didn’t ask permission.  But I have a few to share from around town.




I love the old cobblestone streets





This old bicycle hangs in my hubby's favorite ice cream shop


I can always find a quilt square



This is town square on Friday night


Town Square becomes a fabulous Farmers' Market on Saturdays







I am writing this on Friday night (5/10), when I’m supposed to be packing for our camping trip to the Outer Banks. We leave on Sunday.  I opened the refrigerator and found a bit of buttermilk.  Well, I had to make a pie. 

The crust looks horrible, but it is tasty!


We are celebrating Mother’s Day on Saturday (5/11) with my Mama, since we will be traveling on Sunday. We are taking her to lunch at Pisgah Inn up on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I’ll try to get some photos. The weather is supposed to turn rainy


I hope you have a blessed weekend and I hope to catch up over the vacation week.


 

11 comments:

Gene Black said...

First of all, the pie crust looks like it did NOT come from a box. That is a good thing.
Old Town Alexandria looks like a lovely place. I would love to spend a Saturday there.

As for the 4041 cross stitches, it is more than many of us did. Ha ha.

Linda said...

That crust looks tasty to me! Old Town Alexandria looks so lovely, especially with the cobblestone and brick. Have fun on your camping trip!

Julierose said...

OT Alexandria looks like a charming town--fun to visit:000
I hope you have good weather for your Outer Banks trip...
You really did a lot of x-stitching in April!!
That pie looks so yummy--;)))
Hugs, Julierose

Vicki in MN said...

Beautiful pix of the town! You are getting lots of stitching worked on. Are you taking some with on vacay? Stay safe and have fun:)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The Popsicle Stand design is a cute one! Old Town Alexandria looks like a fun place to visit, too. Happy Mother's Day - enjoy your trip!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

That pie looks great! You got so much done in the past month. You must constantly be stitching. I hope you have a nice Mother's Day!

Lin said...

Alexandria looks like a great place to visit. Love the sunflower and the market looks amazing. Have a lovely trip. xx

Lin said...

Buttermilk Pie is a new one on me so I had to look it up - maybe I will give it a try! x

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You have been so busy, Jeanna. Your stitches look amazing and yum on the buttermilk pie! Don't you just love cobblestone streets ? Such lovely photos.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I visited Alexandria years ago when I traveled for business. It's beautiful town. They didn't have farmer's markets back then. LOL! Your stitching is so precious. Nicole Sporl is doing the biscornu's and she might be having a SAL? The same ones by HOD. Your camping trip sounds wonderful. I always wanted to visit the Outer Banks plus I love snow and I think they are one of the places in the midwest that have the most. Enjoy!!!

Susan said...

An interesting town - love the bicycle with the sunflower!

and I am sure the taste is the important thing when you cook - especially if it is for family.
I might investigate a buttermilk pie....