Hello, friends!
It has been just over two weeks since my last post. We returned from a fabulous time in Philadelphia and I just got busy with work and real life. There hasn't been any cross-stitching to share and the sewing projects I have are retreat gifts. Those things have taken up much of my time. I'll share them in a future post when I recap the retreat.
Speaking of the retreat, I mentioned in a previous post that I am donating a table runner for the charity raffle. I finished the runner last week.

Freshly Picked is a project from a Fat Quarter Shop Sew Sampler Box. I was a subscriber many years ago. Most of the Sew Sampler projects that I knew I would never make were sold on a destash FB page a long time ago. I saved a few favorites for myself and charitable donations.


The focus fabrics were from Good Life by Bonnie & Camille for Moda. I did the quilting on my embroidery machine using a design from Designs by JuJu called Vines and Flowers. The overall measurement is 19.5" x 57". All fabrics were from my stash.
I'm also donating a lap-sized quilt but do not have any good photos of it yet. I may try to get a photo with the raffle winner at the retreat.
We've been in our NC mountain home for 3 years and 4 months. We frequently have deer and turkeys on the property. Last week we had our first bear visit. We've had them on the road but never in our yard...much less our garage. Hubby was cleaning the upper patio deck furniture. He left the back garage door open as he went in and out. A bear came from somewhere, entered the garage, drug out a bag of birdseed, made a mess and then left. It was so cute how he walked down the paver steps to our lower lawn. I'll try to attach a video at the end of this post but if it doesn't work, you can find it on my Instagram.
My goal for this week is to finish all of the things I have to do for the retreat which begins on September 10th. I'll be driving to Montgomery, AL on the 9th. Also, my Mom bought a condo so we will be helping her pack and prepare to move. The timing on that is dependent on when the flooring people finish. She's had a lot of renovation going on since she purchased the property. While I am thrilled for her, the timing is awful. I'm committed to the retreat but also want to be here for her.
During my two week break, I've missed visiting my favorite blogs. Hoping to do some catch up reading over the next few days.
Enjoy your week ahead and I'll see you soon.
If you've followed me for any length of time, you know I have been discouraged by linky parties. But, since I've started following Melva, I'm encouraged to give her Sew & Tell a try.
22 comments:
Hello dear Jeanna, I am so happy to see a post from you! I watched the video....a bear? Wow!!!
Your table runner is gorgeous! I hope you have a lovely week ahead, dear friend!
Your finished table runner is wonderful! A bear. . how scary!!!! I'm glad your husband didn't encounter the bear while the bear both were in the garage! You are a wonderful daughter to help your mom in her move. I know all will work out. Have a great retreat!
Yah your back! I have been checking in to see if I have missed your post, Jeanna. I am glad you had a good time away. The runner is so cute - such pretty fabrics. Oh wow I hope Mr. Bear doesn't come back to visit you! I am sure you are keeping your eyes peeled when you go out. It sounds like September will be very busy. Enjoy the retreat and spending time with your Mom. Hugs.
I should be very worried thinking I might bump into a bear round the corner lol. Lovely to have you back - the runner looks great, perfect for a raffle as I would love to win it! xx
So glad you had a great time. The table runner looks fantastic. I love that quilting on it.
Oh my! The bear looks so pretty, but they can be so dangerous if you surprise them.
Thank you, sweet Linda!
OMG that bear in the garage and helping itself to the birdseed is a bit scary. Congrats to your mom, hope the move goes smoothly. Love the pretty table runner you are donating.
That is really something to see a bear by your garage like that! I'm glad the biggest mess he made was the birdseed. That's a pretty tablerunner, and I love the quilting! I didn't know embroidery machines could do that. I hope the move goes smoothly for your mom, and you get everything prepped for the retreat. It's good to catch up with you!
Thanks for joining Sew & Tell. I like the table runner. I've often wondered if the subscription boxes were really "worth it" which is why I've never joined one.
I have found over the years that consistent participation in the linky parties is key, no different than on social media. It can take time, but I have managed to grow my audience and feel like I am finally moving forward. :) Blessings!
OMG!!! It just left it there!! I figured it would drag it away somewhere...scarey though!! I wonder if now that it found the birdseed, it'll come back to find more??? Yikes!!
What a lovely table runner, Jeanna;)))
hugs, Julierose
So glad to see you're back! I've never seen a bear although you hear about them in my area once in awhile. I think I'd be screaming! Love the table runner. I hope your mom enjoys her new home.
Oh my that bear! Beautiful, but I would be so scared if I were that close. As always your fabric and quilt pieces are lovely, oh I do wish I had the knack & patience.
Hi, Faith. Thank you for the kind comment regarding the runner.
I hope the bear doesn't come back once he gets hungry for more bird seed. My DIL showed me a video of a black bear walking right past their home which is on a mountain. She says when she goes out she makes sure to talk or sing to alert Mr Bear that she's coming. No one wants to take a bear by surprise.
What a pretty runner - love the collection you used. I saw that bear on your IG feed - eeek - but he is cute. How exciting about your Mom's condo!
question for you....have you made quilted drying cloths? I have never quilted, and wanted to make one (or a pot holder) as my first project. Do the cloths dry well after using them? I cannot find a "kit" to make a pot holder with either. One that would have cut material, and to hand sew them (for the first time). I see patterns for sale for the drying cloths, but not kits either (with cut materials etc). Any guidance would be helpful. I have a quilt shop not far, but she never responded with an complete answer. Thanks.
Wow - he was quite friendly coming in your garage like that!! Maybe he wants you to make a quilt with a bear on it - so he was posing??? Your table runner looks very nice!
Adorable table runner! Cute quilting, too! That bear! He looks quite large! So he wasn't crazy about the sunflower seeds? I thought he would eat those for quite awhile but he seemed to give up quickly.
Hi Kristina! I'm sorry, I've never made drying cloths nor potholders. I hope the quilt shop gets back to you soon.
You have been busy. The runner turned out great. The bear should have at least cleaned up his own mess!! lol. Helping your mom move is greatly appreciated, I am sure. It has to be an overwhelming task for her.
Beautiful table runner, Jeanna! Love the prints. I hope the bear doesn't show up again and do more mischief. Busy days for you, don't forget to relax in between.
thank you for sharing! i don't know which is more exciting, the bear or the runner!!! both so much fun in pictures!
Post a Comment