Hello, friends!
It has been just over two weeks since my last post. We returned from a fabulous time in Philadelphia and I just got busy with work and real life. There hasn't been any cross-stitching to share and the sewing projects I have are retreat gifts. Those things have taken up much of my time. I'll share them in a future post when I recap the retreat.
Speaking of the retreat, I mentioned in a previous post that I am donating a table runner for the charity raffle. I finished the runner last week.

Freshly Picked is a project from a Fat Quarter Shop Sew Sampler Box. I was a subscriber many years ago. Most of the Sew Sampler projects that I knew I would never make were sold on a destash FB page a long time ago. I saved a few favorites for myself and charitable donations.


The focus fabrics were from Good Life by Bonnie & Camille for Moda. I did the quilting on my embroidery machine using a design from Designs by JuJu called Vines and Flowers. The overall measurement is 19.5" x 57". All fabrics were from my stash.
I'm also donating a lap-sized quilt but do not have any good photos of it yet. I may try to get a photo with the raffle winner at the retreat.
We've been in our NC mountain home for 3 years and 4 months. We frequently have deer and turkeys on the property. Last week we had our first bear visit. We've had them on the road but never in our yard...much less our garage. Hubby was cleaning the upper patio deck furniture. He left the back garage door open as he went in and out. A bear came from somewhere, entered the garage, drug out a bag of birdseed, made a mess and then left. It was so cute how he walked down the paver steps to our lower lawn. I'll try to attach a video at the end of this post but if it doesn't work, you can find it on my Instagram.
My goal for this week is to finish all of the things I have to do for the retreat which begins on September 10th. I'll be driving to Montgomery, AL on the 9th. Also, my Mom bought a condo so we will be helping her pack and prepare to move. The timing on that is dependent on when the flooring people finish. She's had a lot of renovation going on since she purchased the property. While I am thrilled for her, the timing is awful. I'm committed to the retreat but also want to be here for her.
During my two week break, I've missed visiting my favorite blogs. Hoping to do some catch up reading over the next few days.
Enjoy your week ahead and I'll see you soon.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Sunday, August 30, 2026
Freshly Picked Table Runner, Upcoming Plans and A Bear
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello dear Jeanna, I am so happy to see a post from you! I watched the video....a bear? Wow!!!
Your table runner is gorgeous! I hope you have a lovely week ahead, dear friend!
Post a Comment