.
.
.
.

Monday, July 20, 2026

Sewcialites 3 Block 21 and FQBTD

Happy Monday, Dear Friends!

Another quick weekend is in the books. Let's see what I got up to...

First, my husband asked for a batch of sour cream cookies. I was happy to oblige so Friday night called for baking.
                                                    
Fat Quarter Shop released block 21 of the Sewcialites 3 quilt-along.
                                             
Dreamy Block designed by Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life. 
                                                        
Only 4 more blocks and then we will be ready to finish it!

The remainder of my sewing time was spent on Fat Quarter Shop's Fat Quarters by the Dozen quilt-along. Finishing instructions were released last Wednesday. After reviewing my notes, I realized that I had planned for everything except the last two borders, backing and binding. The reason for this is because I used various scraps of Lori Holt fabric from my stash for the blocks. I can't decide on borders until the top is complete.

I cut everything I need to complete the center and the first border.
                                                
The plan is to work on sewing the quilt center together next weekend.

This week will be busy at work and I have housework on the list as well. We will see on Friday's check-in if I was able to get in some stitching.

Have a great week, and I'll see you soon.







10 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

The weekend just flew by didn't it! The cookies sound delish:)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your sour cream cookies look yummy! (Maybe you need to share that recipe!) Pretty new block for Sewcialites, too. I'm curious about how all of your Fat Quarters by the Dozen blocks are going to go together. That will be a fun reveal!

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

Yum on those cookies! Are they called Grandma's Big Soft Sour Cream Cookies? That is the only sour cream cookie recipe I have in my files, but your name isn't on them. Or is it a secret recipe? ;)
Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Fat Quarters by the Dozen blocks.

Barwitzki said...

Oh yes, I’d love to have that cookie with my coffee—perhaps you’d like to share the recipe, dear Jeanna?
The block looks great.
I’m very excited for when you start assembling the quilt and am looking forward to it.
I wish you a wonderful week and send you cheerful greetings.
Viola

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear Jeanna, the sour cream cookies sound divine! I love your stitching progress, always!

Granny Marigold said...

Those cookies look good!

Julierose said...

Yummy looking cookies--
Love that "Dreamy" block--so pretty...hugs, Julierose

Cherie Moore said...

Yum, your cookie looks delicious. I really like the Dreamy block, wouldn’t it make a lovely quilt all on its own?

Astrid said...

Beautiful Dreamy block, Jeanna. Can't wait to see all the Dozen's block together. Your cookies look yummy.

Lin said...

That is a lovely block. Hope you find time for stitch! xx