.
.
.
.

Wednesday, September 27, 2023

A Trip to the Apple Orchard

Happy Hump Day, Friends!

We just returned from Florida where my husband had his pre-op appointments. We are still waiting for the final “OK” before heading back down this weekend. If all goes well, he’ll have his total knee replacement on Monday, October 2nd.

 

We brought my Mom back to North Carolina to spend the week with us and enjoy some much cooler temps. We attended a craft show and visited the local apple orchard.

 

I hope you enjoy a few photos from the Orchard…



Barber's has been in operation for a long time




The trees were still full of apples


Silly me didn't get photos of the produce side which was full of vegetables, as well as apples.

Attached to the produce stand is a bakery. Everything there is baked in a huge kitchen on the premises.


There was a long line of patrons patiently waiting








In addition to pies, doughnuts, muffins, etc., they offer apple butter

Sauces, dressings, canned vegetables

Of course there is apple cider

And even coffee

So, what did I get?

Honeycrisp Apples

What did I do with them?

Apple Galette

This apple galette is delish. You can find the recipe on Carole's blog which is My Carolina Home. I skip the allspice and it still tastes great and it is so easy to make.


Some people in the house enjoyed theirs with a little ice cream

I hope you visit my blog this Friday as I have a big finish to share.

In the meantime, enjoy your week and maybe an apple or two.




7 comments:

Gene Black said...

That was a fun outing. Thanks for "taking us along."

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That looks like a fun place to visit! There's nothing better than an apple right off the tree. Your gazette looks yummy, too! Good luck to your hubby with the knee replacement procedure!

Julierose said...

Your galette looks so yummy--nothing like home baked;)))
Hope your DH's surgery goes well...hugs, Julierose

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Happy Hump Day! What a wonderful trip to the Apple Orchard! Everything looks so yummy - especially your Apple Galette! I hope everything goes well and that your husband has a speedy recovery. I'm looking forward to Friday - to see what you finished - ;))

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love visiting the apple orchard with you! Everything looks delicious. Thanks for sharing! Your Apple Galette looks great too! I hope all goes well with your husband's knee replacement. My friend felt so much better after hers and I your husband will feel the same.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I wish your hubby the best in his knee replacement and it is so nice to hear that your mom has come back with you for a visit. It was a delight to go to the apple orchard with you. Such fabulous photos. The breads look delicious as does your apple galette. Looking forward to seeing your finish . Have a great day, Jeanna

Linda said...

I would LOVE that shop and want most everything in it - lol! Your galette looks divine. Enjoy the time with your Mom!