.
.
.
.

Friday, September 29, 2023

A Finish and Some Frogging

Hello, Friends.

I’m excited to tell you that I kept up with the stitch-along for “A Patriotic Christmas Eve” by Twin Peak Primitives. My friend and I started on the same day last January and we finished on the same day this month.



I stitched mine on 25 count evenweave, Prim by Lori Holt. It measures approximately 16.64” x 10.88” which is HUGE! I have an idea of how I want to fully finish it but need to do some calculating, or as my Papa used to say, some cipherin' ðŸ˜Š

 

I used a mix of floss brands and colors, sort of just picked what I wanted and went with it. 



I also added beads for the Christmas tree ornaments.



I added French knots to Santa’s beard.



I tried adding French knots to Mrs. Claus’s hair, but they do not show very well.

 

I was so happy to have a big finish that I decided to pick up my next big project.  Red Bird Sampler by With Thy Needle and Thread.



I finished the whole right side and started on the grass, only to realize…



I am one row off, but where? I searched and found this…



Everything in this circle is one row too high. (I thought some pretty bad words!)

 

So now I’m frogging (rip it, rip it)!

 

This one is close to being finished, so I will work it in somehow.


Check back tomorrow if you are interested in seeing a little fall decorating. (and I mean a very little amount)

 

Otherwise, I hope you have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Julierose said...

Congratulations on your beautiful finish--so lovely! Hugs, Julierose

Gene Black said...

Yes you will definitely have to cipher on how to finish that lovely piece so that you can display it for Christmas.
I don't think I ever ripped out stitches on that type of work. That would make me really crazy.

Linda said...

So nice to see the details on this beautiful finish after I peppered you with questions on IG - lol! It's wonderful! I not only "think" really bad words, I whisper them to myself. Someone on IG had a reminder yesterday that (according to the Bible) we shouldn't let our tongue speak those words. Oh well. Hope you are looking forward to a great weekend. Are there any more apple recipes on the agenda? ;)

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oh, Jeanna your finish is a beauty. I have an affection for patriotic Santas . What a fabulous idea about adding the beading and French knots. Your Red Bird Sampler is looking amazing as well. You are on fire!!Looking forward to a sweet Saturday visit. Have a great day. Hugs.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Your handwork is soo pretty! Sorry you need to frog/rip...hope that goes well.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

What a BEAUTIFUL finish! I like the beads and the French knots - the little "extras" make it so much more special! Too bad about the frogging - I can relate - I've been known to do that from time to time - LOL - ;))

Susan said...

Beautiful projects - unpicking cross stitch is painful!

Kyle said...

Loved your finish with the added beads and french knots. Oooo! Sorry about the frogging. No way to fudge it?

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are such sweet projects! I love all the extras you added to the Patriotic Christmas. Sorry about the frogging on your next project - I might have thought some bad words, too!

Lin said...

Beautiful finish Jeanna. xx

Rosemary Dickinson said...

This is beautiful! I love your little additions and attention to details. Love it!!