.
.
.
.

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Quilt Blocks and Cross Stitch

Happy Hump Day!

Today I’m sharing my crafty progress for the last 10 days. It has been fairly even between quilting and cross stitch.

 

First, these are the Scrappiness Is Happiness blocks for weeks 15 and 16.


Twinkle Twinkle Scrappy Star – unfinished size is 8 ½” x 8 ½”


Apple Block – unfinished size is 11 ½” x 11 ½”

 

Since I was on a roll with Lori Holt blocks, I thought I would throw in a couple more baskets for the Flea Market quilt.  I was able to finish only one because….


Errr, so I unsewed…

And then sewed again…

Much better.  This is basket #9 of 12.

 

Then I moved onto Sewcialites 2, week #15, the Brighten Block designed by Minki Kim.


Next, A Patriotic Christmas Eve.


This cross stitch is designed by Twin Peak Primitives. I first showed this piece here and mentioned that I am stitching it with a friend.  We are stitching a specific section each month. February’s section was the Christmas tree and its planter.

 

And last week I told you am working my way through older projects and had picked up my oldest WIP.  I’m happy to report it is a finish….not fully finished but the stitching is complete.

Pattern Name: Irony
Designer: Hands on Design
Fabric: 14 count Aida, Whitewashed Board by Fabric Flair
Stitch Count: 63w x 91h
Finished Size: 4.5” x 6.5”
Floss: My own conversion, using Aurifloss
Start date: 6/11/19 End date: 2/9/23 (no shame in my cross stitch game!)
Current status is “FO” (Finished Object)

 

Thank you for your visit. I hope my next update will be equally as productive, if not better. I have a couple of secret projects in the works which I can't share for a while.

 

Hope the remainder of the week is enjoyable for you.

 

 

 

12 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

Oh my you have had some great progress on your projects! That Twinkly star is so cute and that apple-I can almost taste it:)

Gene Black said...

You have been busy! I really like the Twinkle, Twinkle Scrappy Star. But then you know I love bright colors. Congrats on your finish.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your Scrappiness blocks are pretty! I love that star design. Too bad about the misturned HST - I hate when that happens! The Irony cross-stitch is so fun - congratulations on your finish!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hate making mistakes like that but all the blocks look so nice in the end

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I love your blocks...the apple one is precious. I have Lori's book and I love it but I haven't started anything. I just ordered some of her fabric for the first time. The cross stitch piece is so cute. TPP have really cute patterns. I haven't bought any yet but I'm tempted! You are amazing! Keep up the great work...you are inspiring me.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Your blocks are coming out great! I make mistakes like that too and always wonder why didn't I see it while sewing?? Your cross stitch always looks so great!

Kyle said...

The oldest WIP is nearly to the finish line. All of your projects are great. Love the apple 🍎 block. At least you found your goof before the top was finished!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Great eye-candy - you have been BUSY! I'm glad your "oops" was an easy fix. Rosemary said it before I could - why is it we don't see those BEFORE we get to the end? - ;))

Astrid said...

You've been busy! Pretty blocks and the apple one is really cute. I think we all make mistakes like that, and don't see it until later, glad it was an easy fix. Progress on your cross stitch too, very pretty.

Susan said...

Love the Twinkle Twinkle Scrappy Star block, and the cross-stitch tree.
Such a variety of projects to keep you busy!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Jeanna, so enjoyed my visit this morning. You do a variety of stitching like I do. Lovely cross stitching and pretty blocks. Hope your weekend is wonderful.

Linda said...

Hi Jeanna, I love all your blocks, especially the star. Irony is so cute! How will you finish/frame it?