.
.
.
.

Thursday, June 4, 2020

Floss Update and A Win


This post should be a quilty update but the only sewing I’ve done in the last few weeks has been making masks for my family.  I have blocks cut out, ready to sew and that is my plan for this weekend.

For now, I’d like to share an update on my cross-stitching activity.

Previous Finish


Pattern Name: Liberty Lane
Designer: Country Cottage Needleworks
Fabric: 14 Count Aida, Wichelt in the color Natural
Stitch Count: 160 x 85
Finished Size: 11 ½” x 6”
Floss: 3 strands of the called for DMC over two (should have used two strands…I was new – what can I say?)
Start date: 5/12/19 End date: 7/7/19
Current status is “FFO” (Fully Finished Object)

I fell in love with this chart…one can NEVER have enough of the good ol’ red, white and blue.  This was my fourth cross stitch start.

FO (stitched but not fully finished


Feels Like Home from the Fat Quarter Shop.  This should have been an easy stitch but (don’t you just love the ‘but’), for some really silly reasons, I had to 'frog' stitches from just about every part EXCEPT the rose.  Not saying that some frogging wasn’t needed on the rose, I just wasn’t going to do it.  It was the last release of the design and I was ready to be finished with it.  In spite of it all, I think it is cute.  I’ll provide the details of the piece once it is fully finished.


Chalk Full: Bloom – the small from Hands on Design and Priscilla Blain.  These designs are so much fun and fairly quick to stitch.  I look forward to stitching the ‘jar’ next.  Again, I’ll share the details when it is fully finished.

WIPs

Memorial Day

This is what it looked like when you saw it last.

A little progress…

It hasn’t gotten a lot of attention lately.  I’d like to have this finished before the end of July.

Bloomtopia

The Fat Quarter Shop’s annual fundraiser for Make-A-Wish.  You can read more about it on my post here.

When you saw it last...
Today...

We are up to release 9 with only 3 more to go.

New Start

Stitching Book Club – Secret Garden from Sapphire Mountain Handcrafts.  Sapphiremthandcrafts on Esty.

A stitch along with a twist.  It is also a book club.  We are reading The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett which is one of my favorite classics.  The SAL started on May 24th.  The reading and cross stitch assignments are released every two weeks.  Our discussion of the book takes place on Instagram and Facebook.

Release one...


I purchased both linen and aida fabrics for the project and decided I liked the color of the aida better so that is what I’m using.

And that brings us to haul…

Haul

Book was ordered from Barnes and Noble.

The fabric for secret garden is named Chocolate Raspberry.  The fabric and all called-for floss was purchased from Stoney Creek Collection.  I found the must-have garden gate needle minder on Etsy from ginasuniqueboutique.



The hydrangea print project bag and project pal is also an Etsy purchase from dotdotgoose design.  I have several of her items which you will hear more about in the future.


Flag of Stars is a market release from Bent Creek.  I ordered this from The Cross Stitch Cupboard in Fort Lauderdale.  It is a kit that comes with the fabric and floss as well.  I’ve heard this is a quick stitch…do you think I can finish this one before the end of July as well? (probably not)

Flosstube Favorite and A Win

Meet Southern Doxie Stitcher.


Photo provided by Michelle

Michelle lives in Louisiana with her stitching buddy, Miss Dolly.  Dolly, a dachsund, is obviously spoiled and even has her own doxie inpired quilt.  See it hanging behind Michelle?

Photo provided by Michelle

Michelle recently hosted a giveaway on her YouTube channel SouthernDoxieStitcher and I won.

She gifted me the pattern Perfect Pumpkin by Heart in Hand along with a quilted project bag and eyeglass case.  Love!

Michelle is also southerndoxiestitcher on Instagram.  She stitches not only fun but sometimes quite challenging designs.  Go find her and look at her Let Freedom Ring stitchery that is in progress.

She has recently started sewing.  When you see her project bags and grime guards you will not believe she is new at it.  I love how brave she is to try new things.

Plans

My cross stitch plans for the upcoming week are to continue stitching Memorial Day, the next release from Stitching Book Club Secret Garden and start a new project.  The new stitch will be a gift so I’m not sure how I’ll share it’s progress because the recipient is a follower….wonder how many are guessing who it is 😊

I’m expecting to be back with a quilty update soon.  I must put down the q-snaps and start up the sewing machine.  I just cannot get behind on the Bloomtopia quilt.  I introduced you to it here and I’ve completed more blocks since then.

I’ll leave you with a little happiness from my flower pots around the house…

Hope you enjoy the weekend and stay safe!

11 comments:

SouthernDoxieStitcher said...

Jeanna
Thank you for the shoutout here for Dolly and myself on your blog. This was my first time even reading a blog. I know, I know don't laugh. I really enjoyed reading about your progress and seeing your pictures. You so need to do a floss tube �� Michelle & Dolly aka: SouthernDoxieStitcher

Vicki in MN said...

Keep on stitchin' whether it is cross stitch or quilting you are making nice progress.

Gene Black said...

It is pretty common for those of us who quilt to have another fiber hobby. Cross stitch is difficult for me with my vision challenges. (it is the focal length issue.) But I have done it in the past.
I understand the 3 strands when it should have been two. I think most of us made that mistake at least once.

moosecraft said...

Beautiful stitches and congrats on the win! The Flag of Stars pattern is the perfect Summer stitch! Enjoy the Secret Garden stitch & read along.... it looks like fun!

Angie said...

Liberty Lane is wonderful! I'm impressed with all the stitching projects you've done - I probably would have taken a year to finish Liberty Lane! Also - you definitely have a green thumb. Lovely flowers!

Karen said...

You have certainly embraced cross stitching. My favorite piece is "Liberty Lane".

Sam I Am...... said...

Wow!!! You have been busy! I love your FO! You do such beautiful work! Another pattern to add to my list. Feels Like Home turned out darling! I can't keep up with FQS and all their SAL's. I did place a reservation for the Prim series by Lori Holt. Your Bloomtopia is gorgeous; both the cross stitch and the quilt blocks! Chalk Full Bloom is precious. I won a pattern from HOD on Saturday from Priscilla and Chelsea! So excited! It's Liberty. The stitching book club sounds wonderful and The Secret Garden is a great one. I love all your "haul" and the prizes you won from Michelle! I'm going to have to go watch her. Take care!

Art and Sand said...

You have me thinking I should pick up a cross stitch pattern.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

You are moving right along! I blink and you've done a ton of lovely stuff! Congratulations on the win - ;))

sewyouquilt2 said...

Congrats on your win
Wish my eyes would cooperate enough to cross stitch.so pretty

Amuhmm said...

Please read this, I'm highly thankful to you Dr WHITE for the help you have given to my family also for bringing my family back to me after all hope was lost due to I have made contact with many spell casters both online and physically but none was able to help me until I met Dr WHITE my life has been very wounderful also filled with joy happiness because finally my family is back as one, since you helped me my husband has been treating me very nicely also treat me as a queen that I have always desired most importantly he doesn't have mistress any more he gives me his time attention like never before . Thanks very much Dr WHITE, he can help any of those problem.

(1) Do you want your Ex back?
(2) Are you always having nightmares?
(3)Do you Want to be promoted in your workplace?
(4) Do you want women / men running after you?
(5) Do you Want a spell bear a child?
(6) Do you Want to be rich?
(7) Do you want your husband / wife to love you forever?
(8) Do want to increase the size of your dick?/last long when having sex?
(9) Do you Want to recover your lost money?
(10) Do you want to stop a divorce?
(11) spell to receive your dept.
(12) Do you want your every wish to be granted by anyone?
(13)Do you want spell to conceive?
(14) Do you need a magic Ring?
(15) Are you finding it difficult to win a case in court?
(16) Do you want to marry your partner as soon as possible?

email address is: wightmagicmaster@gmail.com
WhatsApp: +17168691327