.
.
.
.

Sunday, January 6, 2019

Happy New Year and FNwF


Happy New Year!

I hope that 2018 was a great year for you and that 2019 will prove to be even better.

As I look back on the last 12 months I realize that I was very busy both inside and outside of the sewing room.  I started to write a blog post recapping my 2018 but it quickly became too overwhelming.  With the advent of Instagram, I – like many others – do most of my sharing there and my blog has fallen silent.  I’ve decide to forego the recap and try to refer back to 2018 events as they are relevant to what I am currently sharing.

I will start right here…

Our local quilt shop began a Saturday block-of-the-month program last May.  They do not call it a Saturday Sampler but that is essentially what it is.  You are given fabric and a block pattern.  You pay for the first block and as long as you finish that block and bring it to class the following month then you do not pay for the next block.

Around July, my friend and I decided to join.  We caught up on the May and June blocks and have kept current.  Here are my blocks:

May

June

July
August

September
October

November
December

I joined Cheryll over at Gone Stitchin' for her Friday Night with Friends event and finished December’s block in time to ‘show’ for class yesterday.

No sewing for me today.  My husband has kindly agreed to help me reorganize and deep clean the kitchen after church and before the Eagles football game today.

Wish us luck!

19 comments:

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Smiles! Sounds like a good plan...I mean help cleaning....you gotta take advantage of that!

Julierose said...

Just lovely blocks--a rainbow of colors...
kudos to your hubster ;))) hugs, Julierose

Ingrid said...

Hermosos bloques!

Gene Black said...

I really like those blocks. I may "borrow" some of the designs. ;-)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Great blocks and a fun way to stay on track too x

tink's mom said...

Wishes for a Happy and Healthy 2019. I keep opening up my computer to update the end of December and find myself almost anywhere else. I really need to bite the bullet before the blog hops start for the year. Your blocks are wonderful. I love your color choices.

Needled Mom said...

Your BOMs look so nice. My blog needs an update too. Hope the cleaning went well today.

Karen's Korner said...

Great fabric choices for your pretty blocks.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Jeanna wow beautiful blocks,well done my friend on your beautiful work and Happy New Year xx

moosecraft said...

OMG! What about that Eagles game last night? I wuz bitin' my nails until the very end.... tho I did feel real bad for Parker... can u imagine? Anyways....luvin' your blocks! I did my kitchen deep clean between Christmas and New Years...sooooooo worth the effort! Happy New Year!!!

Angie said...

Great looking blocks! Has your LQS revealed how they will be set? Next Sunday should be an interesting game - Geaux Saints!

Karen said...

I have never done one of the shop sampler quilts. I know they can be very successful for the shops business wise. What shop is local for you?

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Happy New Year Jeanna. I wondered if you ended up on FB or Instagram and abandoned blogging. I prefer blogging. Your blocks are going to make a beautiful quilt. I have never joined in on a Saturday Sample before. I knew that I wouldn't be able to go every Saturday for the next block, so I never joined in. Happy cleaning!

Raewyn said...

The Saturday Sampler blocks look great - it sounds like a fun sewalong. Hope the cleaning went well - who can turn sdown an offer to do some deep cleaning?!!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Here it is Wednesday...cold and snowing after weeks of unseasonal 50 degree temps. I know that lots of bloggers recap the past year, probably more for themselves as documentation than for their readers.

I LOVE the marketing idea that your local quilt shop came up with. It gives incentive to complete a block and not only come in for the new one, but browse the shop to see what's new. Genius. The blocks are good ones too!

Happy New Year. When does it become to late to say that?
Best wishes for you to do whatever you want to do. It can sometimes become elusive.
xx, Carol

sewyouquilt2 said...

Happy new year and kudos to a cleaning hubs. I was lucky enough to find one too. Funny we were doing the same. Great minds think alike! Love those blocks. So fun. Cant wait to see the finish. Missed reading your blog.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Karen said...

Happiest of New Year's to you, Jeanna. Your must be doing Instagram instead of your blog. But I do "see" you in the groups on Facebook.

screen door replacement said...

Happiest of New Year's to you