.
.
.
.

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Patchwork Folder from Patchouli Moon Studio



Daryl of Patchouli Moon Studio asked me if I would test her pattern for a patchwork folder.  The timing couldn’t have been more convenient because 1) I’m always willing to help a friend, and 2) I actually need a folder.
My husband and I are co-hosting an Airstream rally in November.  This folder will hold all of my checklists and planning documents.




 The pattern provides different options for making the outer fabric.  Rather than incorporating a quilt block, I made mine to coordinate with the tote I made for last year’s rally. 




This was a quick and fun project.  Visit Daryl’s blog here to learn more about her pattern and see different variations the other testers created.

The folder is one of a few secret sewing projects I have been working on.  I will share my temperature quilt progress soon, once we get some sunshine and I can take a decent photo.

Have a great week!




16 comments:

Kim said...

I love your patchwork folder. The fabrics are so fun, a perfect match for your Airstream. I also love the bag with the grommets. Everything is so pretty <3

Julierose said...

Really nice folder--I love those inner pockets--lovely work on this--hugs, Julierose

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I LIKE it and the fabric is perfect. I'm off to check out Darryl's pattern.
xx, Carol

Gene Black said...

Very nice. I love that you matched the fabric to your tote making a coordinated set.

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Thank you so much for testing for me Jeanna! I love your folder and being the Bag Lady I am I love the matching tote you made too!!! I added your blog link to my blog post just now, forgot to do that yesterday :0P

Needled Mom said...

That turned out great. I love the folder, but that fabric is absolutely perfect for you.

tink's mom said...

What a great fabric choice for a great pattern. It just screams your name. Wonderful that it matches that terrific bag.

Kyle said...

Those will be adorable for the rally. Perfect!🚙

Angie said...

Great idea and cute fabrics - I love the coordination with your tote bag!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanna wow I love your new folder and the fabric is so cute,well done my friend on your wonderful finish xx

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your new folder. Great job.

moosecraft said...

Love it...both the folder and the tote! Great for back to school too! :-)

Linda H said...

Jeanna this is just sweet. Love love love the fabric, so perfect! Just what you need for the rally! Have fun!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

That turned out nicely!! The fabrics are perfect - and I like how you coordinated it with your tote from last year's rally - ;))

Art and Sand said...

The folder is so cute and the rally sounds like so much fun.

Happy New Year.

Cheryll said...

I LoVe the folder... & the matching tote. Great projects...
See you at FNwF... xox