.
.
.
.

Friday, June 6, 2014

Summer Organizing Series: Days 3 and 4

Sherri of A Quilting Life posted days 3 and 4 of her Summer Organizing Series.  Here is my progress:

Day 3: Clear off flat surfaces – the sewing table, ironing board, and any other surfaces in your sewing area

We are to empty and clean all surfaces... 


 Shelves and sewing table

Corner shelves and top of storage boxes under table

Top of cabinet and cutting table

Where did it all go?

The dining room, of course.  (We eat in the breakfast nook anyway.)

Day 4: Gather rulers, rotary cutters and scissors

In this step we are to exam these tools; Do we have what we need? Do we have too many? Does anything need repair? Do the scissors need sharpening? Do we have extra rotary cutter blades? Do we need a new storage solution for these tools?

My scissors and rotary cutters are in great shape and I have what I need, I even have extra rotary cutter blades.  (Thanks to my BFF who found a BOGO sale at Joann's a while ago)

I can't say the same for my rulers...


My 6 1/2" square, 15 1/2" square and my 6 1/2" x 24 1/2" rulers all have chipped corners. (Sorry for the bad picture but as you probably noticed from previous photos, I do not have any natural light in my sewing space)  I've added these to my shopping list.

Then I found a couple of rulers that I have NEVER used.  I bought these at a great discount when our LQS was going of business.  I thought I would give them a try...but I haven't.  Hmmm, what to do with those?

As for storage, I know a lot of people do not care for peg boards but it works in my small space.  My rulers, scissors and rotary cutters are out of the way but still quite handy.


And there you have days 3 and 4. 

I've added Sherri's button to my sidebar.  If you click on it, you will be directed to her first post regarding this series.  She will then add links to that post for each added topic.

Day 5 has been posted so I better get to it...

Have a wonderful weekend, you know what I'll be doing!

8 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

I happen to love peg boards and we don't eat in the dining room either.

Anne said...

Looking good, Sherri. You could sell the unused rulers on eBay. That's what I did with a lot of templates etc that I'd never used or only used once. They all sold on the first listing. More pennies for me to spend on fabric etc! :o)

Anne said...

Sorry, Jeanna. I don't know why I called you Sherri. It must be too early in the morning for me! *blush*

moosecraft said...

Wow! You're moving right along there, Jeanna! It's always nice to start again with a clean slate! I wonder if all of this organizing is going to create more space for more fabric?!?! lol!

Gene Black said...

I need to do a lot of that type of organizing too. Yours is looking great.

Art and Sand said...

We have to eat in the dining room - there is nowhere else to eat.

I should think about some peg boards for the garage.

Carrie P. said...

I don't have any pegboard in my room but I do like it. My mom has some in her sewing room and she hangs all her stuff on it.
I think I would keep the rulers. You just never know when the mood might strike to give them a try.

Flooring Contractors Dearborn Heights said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.