.
.
.
.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Summer Organizing Series: It's a Wrap!

Many thanks to Sherri at A Quilting Life for hosting this productive and fun series.  The time it took to go through everything in my sewing room and organize it was time well spent.

Here is the finish…

Day 11: Sort and Organize Quilting Books
Day 12: Sort and Organize Patterns
Day 13: Sort and Organize Magazines

I possess very few of the above in hard copy but what I do have was placed in these handy banker’s boxes and binders.



The embroidery designs that I have on CDs are stored in this little box.

Day 14: Plan Quilt Storage

This is easy.  If it is a table runner or topper then it is kept in a drawer in my china cabinet. Larger quilts are kept in a linen closet (you really do not want to see a picture of that right now).

Day 15: Make your shopping list

The only items I needed were the bins I bought at Walmart to store stabilizers and supplies for making bags.


Day 16: Take a final review

Here we were to re-evaluate what would stay, what would go and also the lists we made on Day 2.  Well, I’m keeping everything…even those rulers that I do not know what to do with.  However, I did make a plan.  I ‘calendared’ projects to be done, leaving myself the weekends for something new.


I changed my mind about keeping zippers in the little wooden box.  I took those and other notions that I do not use very often and organized those in a large Tupperware container.



Day 17: Donate or sell items you won’t use

Nothing from me here J

Day 18: Revise your project “to do” list

I simply ‘prioritized’ my list.

Day 19: Shop for needed items

Done

Day 20: Take an ‘after’ photo

Before:


After:







Now I am back in business.  First up is a another project from my favorite book…


Enjoy your weekend, you know where I will be J



19 comments:

Gene Black said...

Your space looks great.
Question: Is that one of the Dreamweaver machines from Brother? What do you love about it? Is there anything you dislike about it?

andsewon said...

looks wonderful!now go make a creative mess...;-)
Lola

Vicky Hunt said...

It looks great Jeanna! Doesn't it feel good to get things organized? I need to get in my craft room and finish cleaning it...I have literally been throwing stuff in and it has been a mess! I love that sewing machine...can you monogram with it? I want one of those some day! Hope your weekend is going great...:)

Blessings, Vicky

tink's mom said...

congrats on a job well done. looks great.

Debbie Harris said...

You have done an excellent job with your room, just beautiful. :-)
Doesn't it feel good when things have a place and kept in their place?
Enjoy!
Joy! Debbie

moosecraft said...

Bravo! Everything is out of the way and easy to get to! :-) Looking forward to seeing the progress on your next quilt!

Linda Walker said...

Jeanna,
After seeing your organized space I finally realized what I need to get myself organized.... YOU! Can I borrow you, oh, say for about a week? Your space is so wonderfully organized. Often I cannot find what I am looking for and it is so frustrating!
Linda
mysewwhatblog

Candace said...

Wow - I am SO impressed, Jeanna! You did a wonderful job and the calendar is genius! Think how many more projects you can get done now! Happy Sewing!
Cheers!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Nice work--love how you grouped the fabric together and the pegboard for tools, rulers, scissors

Carrie P. said...

Well, your used your space very efficiently. Well done! You are a rare quilter. I can believe you didn't have anything to get rid of.

Kim said...

Love your space. Great job with all your organization. I wish I could get organized. My sewing area keeps moving. I did donate/giveaway a lot of stuff but they keep multiplying ;-/

Breesmimi said...

Great job getting your sewing room organized! How do you keep it so neat?

Anne said...

It looks amazing, Jeanna. I hope it lasts longer than my tidying does! :o)

Aunt 'Reen said...

Congratulations! Your newly reorganized space is fabulous!

Art and Sand said...

Wow! So organized.

My problem is that I get organized and then I start another project which messes things up again.

But, the creativity is so much fun!

SuzyQ said...

Wow, so inspiring! I'm in the process of reorganizing my studio...which is usually a disaster. It's not a terrible disaster but not as nice as I'd like it to be. The problem is....Some of my best ideas come from random pieces sitting next to each other.....and like ArtandSand....all it takes is one project to mess it all up again... :)

Karen said...

My sewing room will never look so nice. I have way too much crammed in the room.

Terry said...

I really enjoyed watching you get organized! But now I have sewing room envy! LOL

Donna said...

Your sewing space is looks great! I have been organizing mine when I have spare time. You have inspired me so maybe tomorrow I can finish up what little I have to do!
Hugs,
Donna