.
.
.
.

Friday, October 2, 2026

Floss Friday -- September Stats, A New Start and A Few Plans

Happy Friday, Friends!!

September's stitch count is a bit higher than August's. I put 2,140 stitches in three projects.

Wilding Hill Manor by Little Robin Designs...
                                            
Red Letter Sampler by Threadwork Primitives...
                              
And last, which is also a new start, Merry Bouquet by Shakespeare's Peddler...
                                            
This is one of the kits I purchased at the Stitching in the Wild retreat early September. My friend Andrea and I are stitching this together.
                            
My fabric is 36 count linen Tin Roof by Weeks Dye Works, and I'm using the called-for Classic Colorworks floss.

Christmas stitching wasn't originally in my plan for October. Recently that changed when I won a chart from Priscilla and Chelsea's flosstube, Stitching with the Housewives. This is Pinkie Santa...
                                            
This will be a good project to work on at my next stitching retreat. Anabella's is hosting a retreat during our town's apple festival mid-October. The featured designer is Priscilla. I know, I know, I just saw her on the Alaskan cruise retreat. But when someone big comes to our little town...well, I have to go!

Not much, if any, stitching will happen this weekend. It is back to the sewing machine for me. I'm determined to make progress on quilt wips. Speaking of quilts, I have something exciting to share on Monday. Well, it is exciting for me anyway.

What are you working on this weekend? I hope it is something fun!

Enjoy and I'll see you Monday!

12 comments:

Lin said...

Merry Bouquet is a lovely panel and you have made a good start. Off on our hols this weekend so not a lot of stitching will happen! xx

Barwitzki said...

The embroidery work you’re doing right now is beautiful. And that lovely Santa...
I’m looking forward to seeing what you show on Monday—quilt sounds great.
This weekend, I’ll be mending one of my husband’s favorite shirts so it’s wearable again, and I’ll be attaching the binding to my small quilt.
Wishing you lots of joy and good progress with your crafting.
Warm regards, Viola

Gene Black said...

Have a great weekend. I will be checking to see what you are sharing on Monday..

Vicki in MN said...

Cross stitch really got it's claws hooked on you, LOL. Love seeing what you are working on. Now you have me curious about the exciting thing!!

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

I love Merry Bouquet! An apple festival sounds like a fun background to a retreat. Looking forward to your Monday post!

Jeanna said...

Hi, Viola! I haven't done any garment sewing since my kid's were little ones. I look forward to seeing your quilt when you finish the binding. Enjoy your weekend.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You had a great "stitchy" month, Jeanna and woo hoo on the new start! It is fun to stitch along with a friend . All of your pieces are looking wonderful. How exciting on the upcoming retreat! I know you will enjoy every minute. . I am working on Halloween stitching and Melva's Irish Chain quilt today. Have a great day. Hugs.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love your projects. The Christmas ones are adorable! I was thinking of starting a few Christmas cross stitches soon. Your town's festival sounds like a lot of fun!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Dear Jeanna, I love seeing what projects you are doing! I am always happy to see your creations and you have such good taste and creative talent.

Jeanna said...

Thank you, sweet Linda. You always make my day with your kind words. Enjoy the weekend ahead, my friend.

Jeanette said...

Lovely projects. Love Merry Bouquet, i'll have to see if i can find it here in Australia..

Granny Marigold said...

I love your enthusiasm for all the lovely projects you work on.
You will never be bored !!