I mentioned on Friday that I would be attached to my sewing machine during the weekend. And I was...just not working on the things I thought I would be. I may have mentioned before that my Mom purchased a townhouse recently. She wants to use draperies she already has for the new place. They needed some hemming so that is what we did. I will share photos once they are laundered and hung.
It is fair season in the mountains. Last year, I got up enough courage to enter a cross stitch piece in the crafts exhibit and earned a third place ribbon.

Red Bird Sampler by With Thy Needle and Thread
This year, my family encouraged me to enter a quilt. My daughter selected the one she thought I should enter. It was Flea Market Flowers by Lori Holt.
Hubby and I went to the fair's exhibit hall where we found my quilt hanging SIDEWAYS! Apparently, men on a scissor lift were hanging the quilts and no one was providing guidance. They were draping the quilts over a cable and attaching them with clothes pins. You can see in the photo below that the clothes pins are on the left side...I rotated the phot0 so it would show properly.
I missed getting a photo of the third place quilt. It was cute, made up of bird blocks. And we couldn't find the second place quilt for the longest time.
Finally, my husband stood at just the right angle to find the red ribbon attached to mine.
I was excited to earn a ribbon at the county fair. But I think I'll try entering one of the regional fairs next year where they publish the judging criteria.
I hope you had a nice weekend and wishing you the best for the week ahead.
See you soon,








1 comment:
Oh how exciting, Jeanna! Congratulations on your winnings at the fair. Your entries are beautiful and I am so happy for you. Oh goodness, I guess the fellas were in a hurry and did not pay attention to the design when the quilt was hung; I bet you were a little flustered until you saw the ribbon. Have a lovely week.
Post a Comment