.
.
.
.

Friday, September 18, 2026

Floss Friday -- Retreat and Cross Stitch Progress

Happy Friday!

Stitching in the Wild 2026 is in the books. It was a great time stitching and laughing with friends that I only see at this retreat. As I expected, there aren't a lot of photos to share but here are a few highlights.

I made these small zippered bags filled with treats for my tablemates and a few other friends.
                                            
I received some nice gifts but didn't think to take photos until after everything had been put away.

The retreat attendees got candy and a little green duck from me. We played a game where I hid many of these ducks around the hotel common areas and in the stitching room. The person who found the most won a gift certificate to the retreat store. It was a lot of fun and several folks asked if I was going to do it again next year.

The charity raffle raised $4,079 dollars for St. Jude, Shriner's and Wounded Warriors.  I had donated two items for the raffle. Here are the winners.



My haul from the retreat...

36 count linen in my favorite colors from Fabrics by Stephanie

Pins for pillow finishes from Puntini Puntini
                                            

Lori Holt reading glasses, Romy's Creations floss and pins, needles
                                               
Goodness and Light chart by The Proper Stitcher
                                            

The Goodness and Light kit (fabric, floss, velveteen and ribbon for finishing)
                                          
Merry Bouquet chart by Shakespeare's Peddler 
                                                
Floss, fabric and the finishing board for Merry Bouquet
                                            
And last but not least, Give Thanks Sampler Pillow by Mani di Donna
                                                
What did I stitch while there? Well, it wasn't Wilding Hill Manor as I had planned. I brough out Red Letter Sampler instead.
                                                
Here is where I left off when I last stitched on it.
                                                 
Here is where I got to during the retreat.
                                                

There isn't much left to do so I will make this a focus piece over the next week or so.

I noticed when I returned from the retreat that my Blogger Reading List had not updated since September 9th. So, I am slowly making my way around to everyone. I'll apologize in advance for all the comments you will get from me. Do not feel obligated to respond to each one.

My daughter, her boyfriend, and our grand fur-baby will arrive on Saturday and be here for a week. There are a lot of things planned but I'll also be stitching and catching up on Sewcialites 3...maybe another flimsy?

Enjoy the weekend ahead and I'll see you soon.



17 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

How fun to have visitors for the weekend! You brought home an amazing haul from the retreat and it sounds like there was much fun had as well as great progress made. Life can't get better than that!

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Everything looks beautiful. What a great time.

Julierose said...

Blogger finally fixed its issue with our feeds getting the latest posts!!
[please don't feel you have to go back and comment on each post...
I love your haul--such pretty projects and I think they will keep you busy throughout the coming Winter days. Still hot and humid here--no cold front as yet has visited us!!
I am enjoying returning to my very first craft--embroidery...right now re-acquainting myself with satin stitch--WHOA--I will need to use my magnifier for this one!! My aging eyes go wonky doing it!!
But i am determined to get better at it...
I hope your upcoming weekend is a good one...
hugs from the {"sometime sorter" hahaha} Julierose

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It sounds like the retreat was a blast! I bet y'all had a grand time playing the duck game. Woo Hoo on raising the money for 2 worthy charities! I enjoyed seeing your haul. It sounds like you came home with a lot of fond memories as well. Enjoy your time with your dear daughter. Hugs

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Your retreat looks like so much fun! I love all the stuff you bought. I wish there was something like this in my area. I'll have to look into it. Have fun with your daughter! I'm sure you'll have a great weekend!

Vicki in MN said...

You must have had a blast at retreat. I am missing quilt retreats I used to go to. Have a wonderful weekend.

Granny Marigold said...

I'd say you had a wonderful time at the Retreat. Lots of goodies to remind you of the fun you had. Now you can look forward to having sweet company!

Lin said...

Yes Blogger was a pain for a week, seems back to normal now, she says with fingers crossed! What a great time you had, lots done on your sampler and some lovely purchases. Enjoy your visitors. xx

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

You gave such nice gifts, and how sweet is the monogram! Looks like you got quite the haul. ;)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I noticed that my reading list had not updated in a while too. Crazy blogger. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Jeanna said...

Thank you, Linda. We really did have a wonderful time at the retreat. It's always good to catch up with my stitchy friends.

Jeanna said...

Thanks, GM. We are so looking forward to spending time with our young adults.

Jeanna said...

We really did have a great time. Thanks for your visit.

Barwitzki said...

Lovely treasures... a wonderful Retreat. Things like that are really fun.
Your embroidery progress is lovely.
Enjoy your time with your family.
Warm regards.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That sounds like a great retreat, Jeanna! I love those little zipper pouches that you made for your friends. Fun to see what you worked on, and also the new projects you brought home. I'm thinking that Give Thanks sampler is my favorite!

Astrid said...

That sounds like you (all) had a blast at the retreat! The zippered bags with monograms are beautiful, Jeanna! How wonderful to return home with all those goodies in your bag! Have a great week together with your daughter.

Gene Black said...

The blogger reading list is a real mess. I looked this morning and it was BLANK. I left and came back and it was there, but not in order. Arrrgh

Looks like you had a good time at the retreat.