.
.
.
.

Friday, October 13, 2023

Fall, Finishes and Felt

Happy Friday, Friends! 

We are having some beautiful fall days with sunshine and cool temps here in the mountains.  Last weekend our lows dipped into the 30s and our highs reached the 50s. I was inspired to make chili and buttermilk cornbread on Sunday.

It was delish!

 

I’m happy to report the weather has warmed up a bit this week with 60- and 70-degree Fahrenheit days. I’m not quite ready for really COLD weather just yet.

 

I finished stitching the remaining two pillows from this pattern…


You saw the first one last week

Here is the second


And the third

I used left over 14 count aida from another cross stitch project…which, for the life of me I can’t remember which one.


I think the fabric is about done, don’t you?

 

I selected a Moda BasicGrey Grunge for the backing.


Auditioned some Lady Dot trim.


And came up with this…


Front


Back

These were supposed to be in a dough bowl and sitting on the Hoosier cabinet, but I kind of like them propped against Flossi the Featherweight, at least for now.

 

Remember I told you I was going to participate in Carole’s Autumn Jubilee? And I wasn’t going to make her wool penny rug, but sew a kit I already had?


Well, I was disappointed to find out that not all the wool was included in my kit. I believe this was a mistake.  I figured I didn’t have time to order any wool so I would just get some felt from Michaels.  Then I decided if I’m going to get felt from Michaels then I may as well get the felt for Carole's project.  I know there is a big difference between Michael’s felt and real wool, but felt will work just fine for my purposes.

 

The Autumn Jubilee penny rug is adorned with apples.


It will eventually have buttons and other embellishments, but we do not have the instructions for those just yet. We had two weeks to cut it out, add the apples and buttons to the base. I still have to locate my larger buttons and see if I have anything that will work.

 

I’m participating in a Pop-Up cross stitch retreat this Saturday. I’ll share more about it next week. I’m also hoping to finish assembling the Sewcialites 2 quilt top.

 

That has pretty much been my last week and a half and my weekend plans.

 

What is on your agenda for the weekend? Anything creative?

 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!





9 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely pillows and kits....you have been busy;)))
hugs, Julierose

Gene Black said...

It appears that you are having a lot of creative fun. The pillows are adorable.

Linda said...

Love, love those cute little pillows. LOL yes I think you've gotten the good our of that fabric!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I think 60s-70s make perfect fall weather! Your Autumn pillows are just adorable. I ended up buying some wool felt from Joann's because I couldn't find any actual wool around here, either. But it seems to work for the base of the penny rug. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next steps are, too!

Vicki in MN said...

Your little pillows are so adorable! They look good by your FW and I am sure you will love them in the hutch also. I am not ready for this cool weather we have now, wishing for the 70's again.

Gretchen Weaver said...

The little pillows are so cute, perfect for autumn. Enjoy Carol's stitching project. I like to look at her projects but have to many of my own. Happy stitching!

Lin said...

Three gorgeous little finishes and that leftover fabric was perfect for them. xx

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Mmmm Mmm! That chili looks delicious and of course I always love good ole' cornbread. You had a busy week , Jeanna. Your Autumn pillows look amazing. I just love penny rugs. I hope you enjoy working on yours. Have a great week.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love the autumn pillows. The penny rug is adorable! Can't wait to see the embellishments!