.
.
.
.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Operation: Warm and Fuzzy III

The third campaign of Operation: Warm & Fuzzy has come to an end.  My co-worker and friend Debbie is the coordinator of this effort and she does a wonderful job.  I asked her for some facts…just the facts…from this year’s campaign.  Here is what she shared…

55 volunteers (company employees as well as friends and family from Montreal, Wisconsin, and Miami)

321 liners knitted (277 last year)

Length of time it takes to knit each liner: anywhere from 7-12 hours depending on skill level

Approximately 12 volunteers learned how to knit this year. (Debbie will teach anyone to knit and will provide the supplies needed as long as they commit to knitting at least one liner)  She taught me to knit last year :)

Dollars for Doers program:  our company's way of rewarding those employees who volunteer within the community and input their hours into our volunteer database.  Grants, which go directly to, in this case, the Forgotten Soldiers Outreach, varied from $100 (total of 20 volunteer hours) to $250 (total of 40 volunteer hours) for a possible grand total of $350 per volunteer.

Third quarter grant total $5750

Year to date grant total (for the 2nd and 3rd quarters) $7850

Total grant money given to the FSO over three years as result of O:W&F $18,000+

As a reminder, I posted about O:W&F and Forgotten Soldiers here.

Last Saturday was the FSO Holiday Packing Event and they included our 321 helmet liners in the soldier's boxes.  Here is a picture of some of the knitters at the event (I am on the far left and Debbie is second from the right).


I hope you all have an amazing loooonnngggg weekend ;)

7 comments:

Anne said...

What a wonderful achievement, Jeanna. Congratulations to all who took part. :o)

Abby and Stephanie said...

Absolutely wonderful!!! I have a special place in my heart for all military since father, husband, son and past and present military. Thank you!!! Happy Thanksgiving.

tink's mom said...

Jeanna, what a wonderful way to give thanks. terrific accomplishments. I would love to make at least one helmet liner for your group for next year. I know I can commit to one, maybe more but I don't know the difficulty level. Could you or Debbie send me the pattern and the material requirements? I can follow a basic pattern (I knit socks). Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Candace said...

It warms my heart to see all the wonderful, heartfelt enthusiasm and support for our troops! Good work!
Cheers!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

This is a good post. People can do so much for any cause if their will is awakened. Hopefully, someone will read this post and pick up a cause.

My brother lived at the VA hospital in Marion Indiana until he died. My cause. So sad that there ARE forgotten soldiers.

I think you had a really good Thanksgiving, as I did too.
xx, Carol

Stephanie said...

This is such a wonderful idea and I love the enthusiasm :) Precious, absolutely precious! Hugs to you

Anne Payne said...

What a blessing to the soldiers! I think this is so neat. I am sending a link tot his post to a friend of mine who knits. She may be interested in participating next year. Lovely cause, Jeanne!
I'm now following thru GFC. Love the name of your blog, BTW :)