.
.
.
.

Friday, August 23, 2013

I Survived! and The Green Market Comes to Work

 Well, I survived the garage sale and would classify it as a success.  There were only a few items (relatively speaking) left for donating.  I intended to take pictures but honestly, I was BUSY!  The weather was beautiful and the shoppers were out in force.  There was a steady stream of cars all day.

The house is slowly returning to normal and I’m planning to spend a lot of time in my craft room this weekend.

Since I want to spend all my time sewing, I got a jump start on my food shopping today…at the office.  Yes, at the office.  Every other Friday we have a Green Market in our atrium.  Vendors come to sell their wares and it saves me a trip to the Farmer’s Market that I told you about here.

Here are a few pictures from today…

Artisan Cheeses

Lovely Orchids

A variety of other plants

Spices
 
Vegetables
Breads
Spreads and Dips
Greek and Italian Olive Oils
Teas
There weren’t very many vendors today but those that I use the most were there…except for the coffee lady.  My husband likes to try coffee beans from different countries around the world.  She’ll be back next time, I’m sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finally got around to purchasing this…
I bought the ebook version and it’s already on my computer…just waiting for me to grab a jelly roll and get busy.
I’ll have more to share later in the weekend but for now, I have some cutting to do...a special project for my college student!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend J

8 comments:

Kris said...

I bet you are exhausted! How nice to have that market come to you!
Enjoy your weekend of sewing!!
XO Kris

Anne said...

The market at your work looks amazing, Jeanna. I'd never get any work done on market day - I'd be buying (and eating) bread and cheese all day! :oD

ipatchandquilt said...

Wow shopping at work! What a great idea!!!
The cheeses look lovely, wish I could have some...
Let us know how you find that book, please. It sounds interesting!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
Ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Julierose said...

WOW--what a great market--and every week? Super...thanks for the peek....Julierose

Unknown said...

Wow, that's amazing! Fancy having a farmers market in your office - I love it. Lovely looking produce too. Keep up the good work with the blog! x
http://asaucystitch.blogspot.co.uk

Candace said...

Now that's the way to shop! How wonderful that they come to you at work! Saves time and fresh as can be to boot! Glad to hear the sale was a success, Jeanna! Happy Sewing!
Cheers!

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

How lucky are you to have a market right where you work? Delicious. Glad the garage sale was a success, I hate those things, I'd rather just give the whole thing to the local hospice store and call it a day. Lazy I know.

Linda H said...

Lucky you to have a green market at your place of work! How wonderful is that!!