.
.
.
.

Monday, December 20, 2021

Starting All the Things

 

The past couple of weeks have been busy with holiday prep, which I am sure is no different than what you have been doing.

 

I did have a few starts because…well, I just can’t seem to refrain from adding more to my already full crafting schedule. I just want to do it all!


This is Claus Christmas by Stitching with the Housewives.  I’ve made a little more progress on it since I took the photo.



This is Christmas Morning at Santa’s Kitchen by Twin Peak Primitives.  It is the second chart in their “Santa’s Home” series.  The first is A Patriotic Christmas Eve which I hope to stitch as well.




I started Halloween Quilt Sampler with my friend EJ from the Sunshine Stitchers Flosstube on YouTube. This chart is by Rosewood Manor. It contains a TON of backstitching.  My plan is to stitch this on the 13th and 31st of each month (in the months that have 31 days, obviously).


One of my goals for 2022 is to make more quilts.  Since my fabric stash is still in storage, kits will be the easiest way for me to accomplish this goal.  


I had joined the Fat Quarter Shop’s Halloween Figs block of the month.  I collected the monthly shipments in a box and decided this will be one of the kits I’ll work with over the course of next year.

I pulled it out last Friday intending to just pet the fabric and read the pattern.  I couldn’t resist and had to make the blocks for month 1.

One other kit was delivered over the weekend which I’ll share once the backing fabric arrives.

 

I’m working this week so the holiday baking will get done in the evenings.  Maybe I’ll have some photos to share when I pop back in to wish you a Merry Christmas 😊

 

Have a great week!

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

Ha ha... you clearly need a few more projects!
I have a tendency to do the same thing with starting several projects. I think that is why there are quilt tops stacked that SHOULD be quilted before I start anything new. (spoiler alert: not likely)

Needled Mom said...

Self control in stitching is next to impossible! Your blocks are looking great. It'll be a fun project through the year.

Kyle said...

I'm with you. New starts anytime.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I love the Christmas Morning in Santa's kitchen! I'll have to look into that series. I've seen several patterns from TPP's that I really like. I like the Halloween stitch too! The quilt is gorgeous!I'm a big fan of Halloween. You have some beautiful projects.