.
.
.
.

Saturday, November 20, 2021

FNSI – November

Wendy at Sugarlane Designs hosted Friday Night Sew In last night.  I look forward to this event on the 3rd Friday of each month because it gives me the encouragement to put down the cross stitch and spend quality time with my sewing machine.

 

I was inspired by a project that my friends Dawn -  Relaxing Robin and Julierose – JulieroseQuilts were working on, so I grabbed a bad of Christmas scraps and the Accuquilt GO cutter.


I’m not usually a scrappy quilter but I’m trying…



There wasn't a pattern.  Dawn saw a picture of a similiar finish and provided some general instructions.  I grabbed a piece of graph paper and went to work.




Just need to get some batting then prep for quilting.  I imaging a simple cross hatch through the squares will suffice.


This will be a runner for my Mom.  I’ll also put a hanging sleeve on the back in case she wants to hang it instead.


Thank you Dawn and Julierose, this has been fun.

 

Check out Wendy’s blog to see what everyone else got up to…and see the pictures of her new grandson.  Congratulations Wendy and thank you for hosting FNSI.

 

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

10 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love your runner. It's a great idea. Would you mind if i borrowed it? Hugs, xx

Karen's Korner said...

A very pretty and festive runner. Well done.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your JOY girl! Julue is on number 3 and I started number 2.they are addictive. Putting a mini dresdan for the o in mine.oh the possibilities

Maria said...

Your JOY table runner is lovely and a great gift for your Mum.

Gene Black said...

That is a great, simple design. I love what you did with it. The simple quilting keeps it "quick" also.

I am sure your Mom will love it.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

You whipped that up in one evening? You are good! It is really cute too! Your Mom will love it! I need to join this group! I used to do the other one but they were in Australia so I was always a day behind. I need to get back to my sewing machine too especially since I keep collecting quilt patterns! Happy Thanksgiving!

Julierose said...

Your banner came out so beautifully, Jeanna! Aren't they a fun little project? I have to border my 3rd one now and then I can layer all three up ready for quilting--I had thought a simple cross hatching would be good too [altho' I did also think of a quilted snowflake in some of the squares?] , I find it amazing how everyone's look so different...nice work i am sure your Mom will love it..
hugs, Julierose

Kyle said...

What a wonderful banner with all your Christmas bits and pieces. Your mom will enjoy having it to display.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

That's quite clever - and pretty!! - ;))

Cheryll said...

That's a really "NiCe" idea. Well done...xox