.
.
.
.

Monday, October 18, 2021

Weekend Fails

 

My weekend didn’t turn out quite like I expected.

 

My flying geese required some unsewing!


 

I became frustrated when I ripped into some fabric and decided to just walk away.


I expected to get back to it Saturday but my best friend came to visit.  We went to JoAnn in search of some items I needed for finishing pillows and then had a nice lunch.

 

Sunday was my last chance to do something productive and I managed to make one pillow.


Chart Name: In Full Glory

Designer: Blackbird Designs

Fabric: 28 count evenweave, Pardon Me from Fortnight Fabrics

Stitch count: 65 x 81

Finished size: 4.65” x 5.8”



 

It took me all afternoon to stuff this little pillow.  I didn’t want any lumps so the process was slow going for me.

 

This was my last goal for 1st quarter WIPS-B-GONE challenge.  I made it just under the wire!

 

As a reminder, these were my first quarter goals.

 

Finished all three 😊


These are my 2nd quarter goals.  


Since the Plaid Farmhouse quilt is quickly becoming a UFO, don’t you think it should be #1 on the list?  I do!

 

I’m not sure when I will get to it. I’ll be driving my mom to Jacksonville, FL on Wednesday.  She has two days worth of medical appointments at the Mayo Clinic.  Then the kids will be home for the weekend to celebrate Mom’s 78th birthday.

 

My Friday Sew-In plans were a bust…maybe next time.

 

Have a great week, my friends.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

You have been (and will be it seems) so busy with Life and living--sewing and stitcheries will still be there when you find the time. I am just now beginning to finally see SOME progress on my sciatica problem and strained ankle and calf that PT gave me ...thank heavens!!
But still taking it easy and resting --no sewing, or hand work ...mostly reading...re-charging my quilting mojo I hope...;)))
Hugs Julierose

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations on your lovely finish! I love the pillow....so precious. I love all the designs you work on. I didn't know you quilted too. I used to do Friday Night Sew-In...I should do it again.
I really like the quarterly WIP idea too. I missed some of your posts so I have to go back and look! So glad you are blogging but I don't know how you do it with all you have going on. Safe trip and good results for your Mom!

Gene Black said...

Congrats on making the goal!

As for the flying geese, some days it is best to just walk away.

Vicki in MN said...

Sometimes even when we are super careful we have boo boos, I hate when I rip fabric like that too, it's all Jack's fault you know! Good luck to you and your mom this week.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Your finish is beautiful. As for the Geese I can't tell you how many times I did the same. Sometimes they were saved Sometimes not. There I said it. Sometimes I carry grudges even with flying Geese ha ha good luck to you and Mom those pesky Geese buggars won't fly south

Needledmom said...

Ugh! That goose did not help your weekend one bit, but I love the pillow. Good luck to your mom at Mayo.