.
.
.
.

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Blogger Comments Fixed? Can it be?

My new friend Sheryl who blogs at I Am – Blog published instructions on how to receive comment notifications via email agian.  I’ll admit that I tried this in the past – many months ago - and it didn’t work but I also saw new words in the settings this morning which tells me Google / Blogger has made some changes.  So, even though she learned about this from someone else,  THANK YOU, SHERYL for sharing it with me and all your readers!

Here are the instructions…

Go to your Settings, select Email.
Delete the email(s) listed under “Comment Notification Email” and, this is important, click SAVE SETTINGS

I went a step further and closed my browser, waited a few minutes then opened it again. (because I am crazy like that!

I went back into Settings, selected Email again and added the email address where I want to receive notifications.

Again, click SAVE SETTINGS

I received a Comment Subscription email.  It gave me the option to Subscribe or Decline the invitation to receive comment notifications.  I selected Subscribe and immediately received a confirmation. 

I went to my most recent blog post and added a ‘test’ comment.

Guess what?  It worked!

Please help spread the word.  I heard this didn’t work for some folks but it may be that they didn’t save their settings after each step?  I would be interested in knowing if this does or doesn’t work for you if you are a Blogger client and decide to give this a try.

In other news...I have held on to my sewing mojo and look forward to sharing with you this weekend.

Enjoy the remainder of your week!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee it work for you now ,it's so good being able to reply to a comment ,Thankyou Jeanna xx

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Thanks for posting. I KNEW they would get it worked out.
xx, Carol

andsewon said...

Did not work for me. I did this when Kelly/Blogger told me too also.

andsewon said...

Ok had to do the Blogger fix like 3 times but last time it worked!

Needled Mom said...

Oh yeah. Glad someone got it figured out.....finally.

Julierose said...

Oh this worked for me, too--thanks Jeanna--YAY at last!! Hugs, Julierose

Angie said...

Thanks for sharing the news!

Kyle said...

I seemed to work for me. Thanks for sharing the fix.

Vicki in MN said...

I just read about that on Carol's blog this morning. I will give it a try this weekend. Right now I have to go quilt my IB June project;) Have a great weekend!

Sarah Craig said...

Bless you bless you bless you!!! I've done it on my blog, forwarded your emailed post to some of my favorite bloggers so they can pass it on, and posted a link to your blog on mine. HALLELUJAH!!!!!

moosecraft said...

Fabulous! Yes! This worked for me! I guess I should update my blog later today then...lol!

Gene Black said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It worked for me.

...by CJ said...

Thank you!!! I had to do it twice, but it worked!
Thanks also to Sarah Craig for posting the link to your blog post.
Happy Blogging!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Thanks, Jeanna!! I had to do it twice before it worked - and I DID "Save Settings" after I "Deleted" my email address. But that didn't work - it was still there when I went to add it back - so the SECOND time - I clicked on "Remove" my email address instead - THAT worked!! - ;))

Jamie Janow Elfert said...

A Big Thank you for the "fix" to comments - Sarah guided many of us here and I could not be happier.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wow great news!! Thank you!

Moira said...

It worked for me! Thank you for sharing the fix.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Thanks for sharing. 💖💖💖💖💖

Anonymous said...

I gave it a try. Thanks for this post.

We'll see if it works! :-)

Have a happy Sunday.

Susie said...

Glad it works, it is so annoying when they change things and you don't know about it until something doesn't work! I hate it with our work when I get Microsoft updates and it changes things for no good reason.
Hugs, Susie x

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Thanks for the share.

Christine S said...

Thank you!!