.
.
.
.

Monday, June 5, 2017

June OMG and UFOs

June is going to be a very busy month for me professionally and creatively.

I will be traveling quite a bit for work so that means I am going to have to be super focused while in the sewing room.

My One Monthly Goal for June is to turn these blocks into a flimsy.


This was a Saturday Sampler project at our local quilt shop back in….2009!  We used Marti Michell templates to create a different block each month.  These have been sitting in a pizza box since December of that year.  Guess it's time...

This project is also on my list for 17 UFO’s in 2017.


My UFO progress for May was a success.  I completed two more Farm Girl blocks from Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage book.

 Peas and Carrots

Postage Stamp

I also finished the knitting project from Michelle Hunter's Building Blocks book.


The table runners are in their flimsy stage but now I can't decide if they will stay table runners or if I will sew them together for a tablecloth and put it in Arya the Airstream.


So I think I will "table" (sorry!) this one until July.

In addition to the Saturday Sampler, my June UFO goals are to complete three Farm Girl blocks, finish the Swilly scarf...

Sorry for the bad photo...no sun today.

...and make progress on the Asanagi Wrap.

Photo from Google Search.

The pretty lady in the picture is Olga Buraya-Kefelian, the designer.  You can visit Olga at Olgajazzy.com.

I'm linking up at Elm Street Quilts for the June OMG and pomegranate and chintz for 17 UFOs in 2017.

Wish me luck!!

14 comments:

Needled Mom said...

You have so much fun stitching going on there. Seeing your knitting makes me want to pick up my needles again.

Julierose said...

Beautiful projects on the go for you. Even 15 minutes/day (listen to who's talkin right?) will keep you on task. I was GOOD today (after Thom's little note to me) I ironed and cut binding strips for Dresdans and just left them there--ready for sewing together and applying tomorrow..and reading about a new quilt pattern idea and relaxing; now let's just see how long I can resist either: going back into the "ROOM" or buying more fabric online..hahaha hugs Julierose

Vicki in MN said...

I thought maybe that beautiful lady was you-we need a face to put with your blog!!
Great projects, I really like your sampler-I think it is doable for you to get this one into flimsy stage;)

Kim said...

Those are all beautiful projects. Can't wait to see your flimsy. The blocks are so pretty.

allthingzsewn said...

your knitting projects are so pretty. Even if you're busy, I hope your month goes smoothly. Good luck on OMG's and be safe.
Hugs and Blessings

Patty said...

Fun blocks. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Karen said...

For some reason, I never had much luck using Marti Michell templates. I gave away all I had many years ago. I may have one set from a more recent purchase but have not used them. I used to have some pizza boxes for projects. I gave them away because people were asking me about them and ended up with none for myself.

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

I like the blocks and colors of your Saturday Sampler. I know that will be a gorgeous quilt!

Kyle said...

You made great progress last month and your goals for June sound fun and even reasonable. Hope work doesn't get too much in the way.

Angie said...

Good luck with your goals for the month! You will certainly have lots of creative ways to unwind from the stress of your traveling work schedule!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Lots going on with you. You certainly get a lot accomplished. I wish I liked to knit more than I do crochet. I know HOW to knit, but crochet comes so much easier for me, but I like the way knitting looks. I have decided life is too short now for me to pursue it so I'm concentrating on fabric and floss, lol.
xx, Carol

sewyouquilt2 said...

love all your goals. and your knitting projects look fun too. I like to lets say dabble in knitting. I dont consider myself a knitter yet. Hee hee

Carole~Quilter on the hill said...

I hope you're going well with all if your beautiful projects for June - good luck!

sanpiseth40 said...

Hello!! I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited.Thank you.
ตารางคะแนนบุนเดสลีกา