.
.
.
.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Building Blocks Update and Halloween Panel

Just where did the summer 2016 go?  As fast as Flash Gordon it is gone!  From July 8th until August 21st I traveled every weekend, pretty much covering the entire state of Florida.  I was as far northwest as Perdido Key on the Alabama border, as far northeast as Fernandina Beach on the Georgia border, as far southwest as Sarasota and as far south as Key West.  This post was going to be a recap but when I downloaded the photos, all 2203 of them…well, I decided that was going to take more bandwidth than I have at this moment to organize.

So, I thought I would give you an update on my Building Blocks progress.  If this is the first you are reading about BB then you can catch up here and here.

Remember Block 3 and how wonky it was?


I decided there MUST be a redo.


This is Block 4 and the lesson here is simple decreases.


These have not been ‘blocked’ so I’m sure they will end up more square and to the proper size before I sew them together.

I’m currently working on Block 5 (cables) and absolutely loving it…can’t wait to show this one to you later in the week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On one of my summer road trips I visited a shop that had some really cute panels.  I am not typically a panel kind of gal but I thought this one would look cute in my daughter’s college apartment.  This is Frightful and Delightful from Henry Glass.  It is supposed to glow in the dark.


I added the purple inner border and the dots are not only the outer border but also the backing.  I tried a new-to-me method of binding by folding over the backing.  Super easy for something small but I think I’ll stick to the traditional method on larger quilts.

That is about all of the creativity I’ve been able to muster lately but looking around at some of the items that followed me home this summer, I better get to it.

Hope you are all having a great week!



13 comments:

Kim said...

Love the knitted block. Looks like a perfect size and pattern for dishcloths. That Halloween panel is so fun! I'm not much of a panel person either but some are just quick and easy to use.

Julierose said...

Love those knitted blocks..
I think that panel is really cute. I have quite a few panels and just haven't gotten to them. Hoping to do some hand quilting on them over the Winter...

Have you seen the new message from Blogger? I wish I understood computer speak better, I am not at all sure what it means...sounds like more is being taken away from us as bloggers. hugs julierose

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I agree, the summer flew right by. As soon as Christmas is over, I countdown to the next summer! Love the blocks you are knitting. I think I'd like to try that concept with crochet. I have recently been sorting my fabric stash and found a few fabric panels. Your's makes me think I should do some Halloween stitching.
xx, Carol

Karen said...

I used to have a knitted afghan book for a sampler of blocks to make. I made one or two but they did not turn out the same size for some reason. I soon abandoned the project. I never was very adept at knitting.

Gene Black said...

I would love to be a knitter, but it always seems like work to me doing anything other than a dishcloth.
The panel is great for a college apartment. I have folded the back for a binding on one quilt (the person asked me to do it that way.) I didn't like doing it that way.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Your blocks are just gorgeous. I can picture a lovely sampler in the end. Lucky daughter to have Mom holiday fun to her apartment. :o) I'm looking forward to seeing what all you create with your shop hop goodness.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Both of your newest knit blocks are beautiful!
I look forward to seeing the cables. (I love that pattern)
Your daughter is going to be thrilled with that glow in the dark quilt for her apartment!

Vicky Hunt said...

Sounds like you have been a busy lady! The squares are so pretty...I look forward to seeing the newest one. The little Halloween quilt is too cute! Hope you have a great weekend!

Hugs, Vicky

KaHolly said...

When I saw your clever blog name, I had to stop in for a visit! I'm looking forward to perusing your archived posts while I sit this early morning with my coffee. Enjoy your day! ~karen

Deb said...

The Halloween panel is just so cute, your knitting blocks are lovely and has me thinking this may be just the project for improving my knitting skills.

Three Sheep Studio said...

I love your beautiful knit blocks !!
I'm picturing something fabulous with all the blocks.
Rose

Kris said...

I love to buy fun panels, and I use them in so many ways. I love to practice my machine quilting on them. This is a cute one I have not seen!!
xo Kris

Denise :) said...

Wow, you really did do some traveling, didn't you? I was as far south in Alabama as Montgomery, this summer -- we were practically together! LOL! I'm not generally a panel person, either, but this Halloween panel is precious!! :)