.
.
.
.

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Slow Sunday Stitching

Is anyone else still suffering from a tryptophan hangover or food coma?  I’m telling you, I have been sluggish the past couple of days. 

In spite of that, we did manage to decorate the inside of the house for Christmas and also the tree.  We made two shopping trips for the tree because “it” had not been unveiled on our first stop.  We settled for one slightly shorter than what we wanted but it really looks nice adorned with white lights and our favorite family ornaments.  I’m going to do a little more decorating then share a few photos with you.  I’ll also have a confession to make!

Today was Slow Sunday Stitching over at Kathy’sQuilts.  Before I share today’s project, I need to show the Manatee Row from this post.

As a reminder, my friend and I collected many kits from Florida’s 2015 Row by Row Experience.  Click here to learn about the Row by Row Experience.
  
This row is from Boutique for Quilters in Melbourne, FL.



Cute little schools of "fish buttons"

And I also completed the “Peace on the Treasure Coast” row from Laura’s Sewing in Port Saint Lucie, FL.


You can’t see them but I promise the bird has legs. 

And today, I finished stitching Primitive Stitches “Winter Sampler.” 


I first learned about these designs from Karen at My Yellow Farmhouse a few years ago.  She once had a quilt shop that sold kits. 


I have all four seasons and will make a small quilt with each.

I am still working on secret projects for Santa but he said I can tell you about them after Christmas.

Have a good week, y’all.  Put your ear plugs in because the screen door is surely about to be slammin’ J

Linking up to Kathy's Quilts, Slow Sunday Stitching


and Sew Many Ways, Sew Darn Crafty



19 comments:

Vicky Hunt said...

I'm glad you found a tree and I look forward to seeing it! The rows you completed are amazing! And, I love the winter square too. Your work amazes me! Have a great week!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

This sampler is adorable!

Gene Black said...

I am admiring your hand stitchery. I need to do some of that just for something to take with me at times.

Angie said...

I love the juxtaposition of the Florida scenes of your row quilt with the Snowman on your stitchery project!

Julierose said...

Love your primitive stitcherie---sooo darn cute...methinks there will be a lotta "secret santa" work going on everywhere..lol hugs, Julierose

allthingzsewn said...

Love your winter block, looking forward to seeing the finished quilt and other seasons too.

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

You talk about being sluggish but it looks to me as if you've gotten a heck of a lot done. I love the tiny fish buttons they'll really add quite a bit to to your row. Happy Thanksgiving from Dogwood Lane.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your Rows are stunning!

That Winter Sampler is the absolute SWEETEST!
I love it - and your stitch work is beautiful.

QuilterinMotion said...

Jeanna,
Your Row blocks are amazing! I haven't seen either of them and sure which I had been in Florida during the time period they were giving them out!
Thanks for stopping over to see me at QuilterinMotion.net. I am enjoying your blog too and look forward to working together later in 2016.

Monica said...

Your Winter Sampler is so pretty! They will make a nice series of mini quilts!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Happy December! The Winter Sampler is so cute. What a fun little seasonal series you'll have. Your row by row is going to be a really beautiful quilt that perfectly represents your neck of the woods, uh water.

tink's mom said...

Love your stitchery. Great piece.

Lara B. said...

LOL - if that is you feeling sluggish, I'm looking forward to seeing what you create when you're working with all pistons chugging along Jeanna!
Your Florida rows are beautiful and I love the stitchery.

Denise :) said...

Santa's tricky that way, isn't he? Your sampler is darling -- fun to be able to do one for all seasons! :)

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Has your good hangover worn off yet??? Lol I love your winter sampler and got lost in her website. Thanks fir sharing the link,

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Food

Karen said...

I like the winter sampler. My kind of style.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

PS I have a thing for Santa too!!!

Carla said...

Love your primitive stitchery
I actually behaved at the Thanksgiving table this year. I avoided Black Friday
and lazed around the house. Enjoyed my time off.