.
.
.
.

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Val's Third Annual Piggy Bank Challenge


Val at Val’s Quilting Studio is hosting a fun little challenge.  This is her 3rd Annual Piggy Bank Challenge.

It’s really pretty simple.  You collect loose change for the next year, add up the savings and next July 6th share your quilty purchase or what you plan to purchase.

Click here to read how the challenge started and how Val and her husband have turned it into a little contest.

Since I am on a stash busting mission this year, I expect I'll need to replenish the fabric bins next year.  That is why I have decided to join Val's fun, to have some extra cash for the future stash.

I searched the house this morning looking for my “piggy bank” and come up with this


It is one of two jars that I used to store snacks in for the kids.  The kids grew up and one jar turned into a scrap catcher for my cutting table.


I emptied the coins from my wallet and one other small change jar that was sitting around so I am now on my way.


Won’t you join in and see how much you can save?  If you do, click over to Val’s and sign up.  Hopefully, we will be cha chinging next summer J


9 comments:

Val's Quilting Studio said...

You are already chacha chinging!!! What was once a treat jar...will now be filled with cash for new quilty treats for you!! Thanks for participating!

Kim said...

Great idea! It's amazing how much the coins add up.

Needled Mom said...

You are going to have fun shopping next year.

moosecraft said...

Sounds like fun! And looks like you've got a good start! :-)

Debbie Harris said...

That sounds like a terrific idea! I am always throwing loose change in our change jar, and it is quite surprising how quickly it adds up.

It's so nice to visit with you Jeanna.
I look forward to getting back at my blog since the passing of my dad.
Thank you for your visit to my blog and sweet comment, God bless you.

Much love and hugs ~ Debbie

Carrie P. said...

fun idea.
we have a jar that we put all our change in too but we save it for vacations.

Art and Sand said...

I might just do that.

Ashley @ creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com said...

Hello!
I hope you check out my blog and please follow by email. creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com
I would love it if you entered my Scripture giveaway that I'm having right now, if you would like. :)
Blessings in Christ,
Ashley
ashleysyarnworks.blogspot.com

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Hi Jeanna! Mark your calendar cause we count our change July 6th! Hard to believe a year has gone by already.