.
.
.
.

Friday, May 1, 2015

Farm Girl Fridays - Week #1

Farm Girl Vintage is a new quilt book by Lori Holt from Bee in My Bonnet.  All of the block patterns in the book are things you would find on a farm.  Lori gives you block patterns and then several mix and match settings so you can design your own quilt.  Lori’s motto is “You are the boss of your own quilt!”


She is hosting a sew-along to promote the new book.  Beginning today, she will post each Friday which block or blocks to sew from her book.  Click here for more details.

The blocks are supposed to be scrappy which is something that I struggle with…I tend to be too “matchy.”

This week’s block is Apron Strings.

I pulled the 12 different fabrics needed and was not feeling too confident about what I was doing.


I decided after getting the block together that it wasn’t so bad after all.

I probably won’t always post my Farm Girl Fridays update on the appropriate day of the week since I have a day job.  I just happened to be off today because we have family in town to attend my daughter’s commencement ceremony tomorrow.  She is graduating with her associate’s degree in accounting.  Doesn't it seem just like yesterday she was graduating from high school?  We could not be more proud of her and the hard work she puts into everything she does.


Enjoy the weekend J

13 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

congratulations to your daughter! and to you and your husband. Your block looks great and the project sounds fun. I'm always interested in your projects.
xx, Carol

Karen said...

The quilt projects will be enjoyable for you. I like Lori Holt's designs. I just don't have time. Your fabrics worked well in the block.

Terry said...

I love that block! Have fun with the sew-along! :0)

Needled Mom said...

Your block turned out beautifully and the fabrics look wonderful together.

Congratulations to your daughter. YES....the years do go so quickly.

Candace said...

Great job on the block, Jeanna! And congratulations to your daughter! How wonderful!
Cheers!

Kris said...

Love it!
XO Kris

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I was going to do this QAL...but don't like making six inch blocks...yours looks great! I know it's wierd to sew outside of our comfort zone...but your block came out great! I love it!!! HAVE FUN and i'll look forward to your Friday show and tells. :)

moosecraft said...

Congrats on a beautiful block! And, congrats to your daughter for graduating! :-)

Vicky Hunt said...

Congratulations to your daughter! I am loving this block and the colors and patterns you chose. I love matchy, but I love things that don't matdch just as much. This will be a fun and colorful quilt! Have a great week Jeanna!

Stephanie said...

Your quilt square is beautiful, my friend, absolutely beautiful! I think you your fabrics are perfect together.

Congratulations to your sweet daughter! Hugs to you!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Congratulations to your Daughter on her graduation!
Also congrats on completing your first block of this sweet quilt!

Carrie P. said...

Your block is very pretty.
Congrats to your daughter. I am sure you are very proud.

DELETED said...

lovely blog!